Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Are you glad we will have less monster trucks

Old 05-04-2008, 05:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I see a lot of Pilots, Ridgelines, and MDX's sitting on lots too.

The CR-V is big enough for an average family of four IMHO.

.......and the demand for cars that require premium gas as also declining
Old 05-04-2008, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeye,May 4 2008, 05:44 AM
I see a lot of Pilots, Ridgelines, and MDX's sitting on lots too.

The CR-V is big enough for an average family of four IMHO.

.......and the demand for cars that require premium gas as also declining
i agree
Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 AM

It may be in the tank, but I doubt I'll see much of a decline in AZ. I've seen so many brand new F-250 diesels lifted and blinged out I honestly can't count 'em. Lifted Chevy diesels are a close second. And this is with diesel over $4 around here.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 498 Likes on 381 Posts

I dunno, I think i has more to do with the price of SUVs than the fact that people are changing their preferences.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:00 AM

alot if it is the demographic as well. For example if you live in a suburb of a major city where the price of gas for their inhabitants is a non issue, then you will continue to see SUV's. Now this is not the case for everyone, as they have some common sense and understand driving something around that uses more gas than a B767 and without purpose is silly and investing in a car with better gas mileage just makes sense. Just because you HAVE the money still doesn't mean you should piss it into your gas tank.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned

I've never noticed so many small cars before. They are all over.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:38 AM

honestly, i havent really noticed more cars on the road. i'll actively look on the ride home, but i feel there are still just as many big SUVs around here. i'd be happy to see more cars. i can't stand big trucks. i just think that a lot of people don't need them, but they're automatically attracted to them because they're big. i guy here at work drives a big Ford dually diesel around and the thing is a monstrosity.

a friend of mine is finally starting to get it. his daughter was driving an old Chevy Blazer 40 miles one way to and from college. she complained about the cost of gas (this was a year ago), so he buys here a big Ford pickup. yeah, that's better. his son is 16 and drives an old lifted Chevy truck too. a month ago they finally traded his daughters truck in for a car.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:03 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if this don't beat all. A guy I work with (has a S4) is buying a H1. He's single and I believe he's buying it because 1) he can afford gas, 2) it's a look at me I'm an attention whore car and 3) now they are getting cheap to buy so he figures the heck about gas since the truck is much cheaper than it was a year ago.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by rai,May 5 2008, 04:03 AM
if this don't beat all. A guy I work with (has a S4) is buying a H1. He's single and I believe he's buying it because 1) he can afford gas, 2) it's a look at me I'm an attention whore car and 3) now they are getting cheap to buy so he figures the heck about gas since the truck is much cheaper than it was a year ago.
Sounds a lot like my boss... know wonder why he still RENTS.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Received 1,302 Likes on 977 Posts

meh. I live in DuPage county. That basically means that people are too rich to notice. The ratio will eventually start getting better, though. A lot of the "normal" middle class here have allready dropped their SUVs.

It's a very welcome change. A lot of people around here turn into toolboxes the moment they get into an SUV.

Quick Reply: Are you glad we will have less monster trucks