Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

$100k exotics

Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by white98ls
Both sweet cars for sure, and a great, diverse combo! I want to try a 4C pretty bad.

I'm surprised that so many people with the means to buy a $200k+ car still care that much about a badge. Maybe I'd understand if it's your first Ferrari/Lambo/McLaren, but most of those guys have already owned several. When I got my E39 M5 at a young age, I felt like such a baller. But now that I'm the ripe old age of 34 (haha), I just don't really care about impressing anyone and would rather have a car that flies under the radar and only enthusiasts know it's anything other than average. If Hyundai made an identical car to mine, I'd be fine with it.

Oddly enough about your statement, in my experience, a lot of the older (meaning 50+) do CARE A LOT ABOUT the BADGE!!!! LOL . Of course this is a stereotype statement so it's not always true but I do hang out with a good bunch of them and run into these same guys at C&C events and most really love the brand of say Ferrari. It's really a status symbol to them I guess. The Lambo owners tend to be the younger crowd from 30-50 who have graduated from Porsches or BMW's. McLaren owners are generally Silicon Valley Techies who appreciate modern technologies and have the cash flow to spend without worry.

It's nice to think or say that about Hyundai but we all know that will NEVER happen as Korean engineering is vastly different from say Germans or the Italians. Of course you can always let the Chinese copy everything hahaha