Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2018 jaguar epace suv ev

Old 10-11-2018, 09:39 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Velar is on our list. I dig the Yulong White and Byron Blue colors. What are your thoughts on the Evoque convertible? The wife likes that one.
Velar's are better now. The Evoque definitely feels like the bottom of the line car IMHO. I'd say go for the Velar. IIRC, there's a nationwide rebate on 2018 Velars if your local dealer still has them. Great interior and the new InControl touch duo is pretty wicked.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:49 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by eight
Velar's are better now. The Evoque definitely feels like the bottom of the line car IMHO. I'd say go for the Velar. IIRC, there's a nationwide rebate on 2018 Velars if your local dealer still has them. Great interior and the new InControl touch duo is pretty wicked.
We need to wait until new year at earliest before we can make a move. Or XE lease ends in June 2018. I test drove the Velar over the summer and thought it was dope inside. Very stylish. We are way over the miles on the XE, so I hope we can trade in early not have to pay out on overage. If we are stuck on that, I am not loyal to JLR on our next car. Alfa and Volvo are just as nice for me.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Uh, not really. The rear cargo area is still fully accessible in a Wrangler, the convertible top for the Evoque is going to use up pretty the whole trunk I'd guess. In essence you've got a jacked up vert, might as well just get a 3 series vert and a lift kit
I can attest to this. It is freakishly tiny. The rear seat legroom will rival that of a 93 civic hatchback rear seat. With the top down, you just took up 2/3rd's of the trunk space. This car was catered for 1 type of people only and that's a 19 year old college freshman party girl living 3 states away from their parents. Especially in white, with the top down, it looks like a bathtub. My fiance said that to me and I can't get that image out of my head.

With that being said, I understand that the car is VERY fitting but only in a VERY niche market. Those who choose to buy it absolutely LOVE IT, those who don't look at it as a disgrace to automotive advancement.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:39 AM

With that being said, I understand that the car is VERY fitting but only in a VERY niche market. Those who choose to buy it absolutely LOVE IT, those who don't look at it as a disgrace to automotive advancement.
Our local JLR dealer says the few they ever get are sold immediately or they are customer ordered cars. Been waiting since June for them to get one in so we can test drive it before it's sold. The Velar is the sensible choice. I don't think we can wait until the next Defender comes out.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:43 AM

We need to wait until new year at earliest before we can make a move. Or XE lease ends in June 2018. I test drove the Velar over the summer and thought it was dope inside. Very stylish. We are way over the miles on the XE, so I hope we can trade in early not have to pay out on overage. If we are stuck on that, I am not loyal to JLR on our next car. Alfa and Volvo are just as nice for me.
I would just trade in early to skip the over mileage. You forgo the bank's mileage stipulation at that point, the only hit you'd take is a slightly lower value in the car (obviously) due to mileage being over. Still, they can work that into the deal, I'm sure. If it's over in June, I'd say try around February or March and see what they say. Hopefully they have some rebates or specials on the Velar.

If you're eyeing the I-Pace, I'd throw that into consideration as well. Like I said, depending on your state that you live in, you guys could be having great specials due to the need to sell more EV cars to meet emission regulations.

A little bit of backing on that regarding the emissions regulations, JLR in the past year or 2 haven't been able to sell as many V8 sports, full sizes, F-Types and XJ's, as they like. There are literally ZERO incentives, rebates, specials going on for all V8's and that's because the factory really does NOT want you to buy it. They are paying huge fines due to not meeting board regulations on average MPG/emissions on their sold units. Their need to meet this demand, CURRENTLY, is higher than the exclusiveness they are seeing in the I-Pace. In layman's terms: they want you to buy their electric cars more than you want to buy it.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Our local JLR dealer says the few they ever get are sold immediately or they are customer ordered cars. Been waiting since June for them to get one in so we can test drive it before it's sold. The Velar is the sensible choice. I don't think we can wait until the next Defender comes out.
I don't wanna call BS, but I'd call BS on that. I live in SoCal where convertibles are kings. XK's sold more in convertible here than the hard top variant. I've seen exactly 2 in the past 4 years come in and out of my location and I have never seen one on the road at all. Don't let them trick you with that which is what I have a feeling they're doing.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:08 PM

I don't wanna call BS, but I'd call BS on that. I live in SoCal where convertibles are kings. XK's sold more in convertible here than the hard top variant. I've seen exactly 2 in the past 4 years come in and out of my location and I have never seen one on the road at all. Don't let them trick you with that which is what I have a feeling they're doing.
There was only one in the whole state for sale a month ago. I was going to go to that dealership and test drive it, but had other plans and it was sold. I did not want to tire kick either since our lease was far off at that point (and unlikely to buy from them to start with).
Evoque convertibles are not something dealerships stock like their other models. XK convertibles are more popular in all locales over the coupe from what I see, but not by much. The salesman that sold us our XE is now working at the local Aston Martin dealership. He told me the same thing when I was at the AM dealer; they just don't stock them and they sell immediately if they do get them. The rest are all ordered. Boston and So Cal are very different markets. I hope to test drive one before it's past convertible weather. Well, it's really up to my wife since it'll be her car.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

For north of 70k, even with incentives i cannot see them selling many ipac cars....it's a niche. its a nice car and would be in my opinion perhaps a good buy after they produce them for a year or so and if I were to buy a used car would work much better...i just don't care if "competition" merrits a larger cost...it is not a 70-80k car in my opinion...nice at $40-50k maybe...

all cars,, like the S2000 used to be, that are hot, like civic R or Focus RS more recently just sell like hot cakes, even the 1990 miata was that way...and with dealers putting $5000 "paks" on the price tag, the S2000 around here did not go for less than sticker and the pak till the 2004 model year , i waited a year after i drove a couple to get mine at less than sticker.

So maybe a dealer near you cannot stock enough...ok...i just offer my opinion...and I like this car very much, was very impressed.