Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

'93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d-bo
I still don't even know what the original intent of this thread was Lol
I think someone was considering paying 3 times the typical cost for a DSM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d-bo
I still don't even know what the original intent of this thread was Lol
Ma'am...
let me explain very slowlyyyyy so maybe even you will understand...
#1.this is the "Car Talk" section where people post topics on cars
other than Honda S2000's.
#2.I mentioned I found a car on craigslist that I was considering purchasing
and I asked if anyone had any experience with said vehicle.
#3.people did respond with some positive feedback but also much negative
feedback which is affecting my decision to make a purchase.

I hope maybe..kinda...possibly you now understand why I broached this subject.
And what I don't understand is your senseless post??
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Hilarious! The first couple posts are people who are like "my buddy had one and spent $20,000 on it!" "my brother had one and he lost his job cuz it broke down so much" "my dad had one and it killed him...twice!"

Then actual owners chime in and say that they had no major problems.

FUD is f@#king ridiculous on this forum. Case in point: "I really like RX7s, should I buy one?".

What is "FUD"? Any relation to Elmer?

Final advice from me, don't buy ANY 20 year old car, regardless of condition, and expect it to be perfect. If somebody puts 500hp through a drive train that was built for 200hp, something is going to break. This isn't rocket science.

I still want the link to the ad.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just buy an Evo. It's the opposite in terms of reliability: rock solid. DSM's are a nightmare to keep running.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billios996
Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r' timestamp='1356824763' post='22236106
Hilarious! The first couple posts are people who are like "my buddy had one and spent $20,000 on it!" "my brother had one and he lost his job cuz it broke down so much" "my dad had one and it killed him...twice!"

Then actual owners chime in and say that they had no major problems.

FUD is f@#king ridiculous on this forum. Case in point: "I really like RX7s, should I buy one?".

What is "FUD"? Any relation to Elmer?

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, I owned a 1990 Talon TSi awd. So much fun. Modded it with nearly no idea what I was doing and broke it multiple times. When I actually learned how to mod and didn't just throw parts at it, it ran fine. Well... as well as you can expect one to run.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM

^^my Talon was the first car I modded as well. It was so easy to work on, everything was front and center which made it a great learning car. I loved that car. I'd still be driving it if I didn't find a new love.

The Evo 8/9 is certainly a superior car, but it's a sedan and often mistreated as bad as DSM's.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM

I loved mine! I remember I sold a Mustang 5.0 and bought that car. THe next winter it snowed pretty well and it loves snow. I had the Mitsubishi version in the late 90's and it was solid and fast! If you continually do AWD launches and crank the boost up you will first burn up the clutch then when you put a good clutch and flywheel in it you will eventually break something after going really fast. That is again if you abuse it.

If you're conservative and add a test pipe boost gage and adj controller and dont abuse the thing it will run for a long time assuming it's been unabused all this time(?) but, that car brings back memories. So much fun.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM

I had a separate set of steelies with winter tires on mine. It was the best car I've driven in the snow, solid. Except the lip was low enough to act as a snow plow
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
They seem to suffer from "danger to manifold." I'd avoid.
Also, if you go above 150mph while using 2 bottles of NAWS, the floor of the car will fall apart.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 AM

I owned a '91 Talon TSi AWD for 2 or 3 years. I bought it for $3,500, spent about $1,500 on mods, and had a reliable 13 second car. DSM's get a bad rep for reliability because the dirt cheap price of them attracts people who don't want to spend the money to do things right. I never had any problems with mine except for the clutch slipping because it was stock and I was probably making 40-50% more torque than stock. It was a great car for me to learn to work on, and it caught a bunch of domestic guys sleeping in my town. I was keeping up with LS1's from a stop to about 80 mph. At the time (2003 or 2004) this was a pretty big deal for such a cheap car. They hated it.

Quick Reply: '93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD