Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Another friend just got a GT-R...

Old 04-19-2010, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerdw,Apr 16 2010, 11:39 AM
I drove my GT-R to work today, and I managed to have fun. I guess it was supposed to be a miserable experience and I should be blessed that my transmission didn't blow up or something. I parked next to an Audi R8 in the corporate parking lot. I don't know the dude who owns the car, but I'm sure he had more fun driving to work than I did. You know... just because I was stuck with my lousy ride and he has the R8 and everything. With any luck he won't come out and see my pile of "junk" and laugh at me. I'm really sensitive so any laughter will make me take my car back to the dealer and trade it in.

I just had my 12,000 mile service(and state inspection) done at my local Nissan Dealer and it wasn't cheap. They told me I needed two new front tires to pass inspection. I don't trust dealers, but my hands were tied. I had to pay 389 / per tire + 250 (for the 12,000 service) + wheel mounting and balancing + the cost of fluids or something. It was a lot of stuff and it cost me just over 1500 bucks. When it was done, and I drove off the dealer lot in the car I still had fun. I guess I should have been crying or something, but I went for a drive instead. I must be crazy I guess.

I haven't tried to look for cheap prices on rotors and pads because I have more fun if I don't actually look for reasons to be upset over things. In general I try not to use the brakes, lol. I figure if I use my brakes only as a last resort, they will last longer and save me the big unavoidable brake replacement bill down the road. Yup, I guess I should not actually have had fun driving in to work today thinking about the future brake bill, but.... somehow I managed to have fun anyway. Must just be me.

On Sunday, I went on a local run through the twisties with a bunch of guys from the DelVal forum on here. I brought my GT-R and not my turbo S2000. Some of the guys looked at me sadly, and indicated that my car was too fat and heavy to keep up and stuff. I'm pretty sure they were serious. I guess I should have been convinced I'd be left behind in the dust, and taken my car back to the dealer the next day, but I didn't. I did more than "keep up", but in the end I'm sure it was just my driving skills that overcame my lousy ride and crappy transmission. If I had a real car, I'm convinced that the whole day would have been much more rewarding.

Anyway, where was I going with this again? Oh yeah! I drove in to work today with my GT-R, and ummmm... it was fun. So sue me.

Last year I was out desperately trying to have fun in the GT-R (hard to believe, right?) and I find this road. I stopped and got out to literally smell the roses. This image would have been way better if this lousy car wasn't messing up my shot.

I plan on driving cross country from PA to Alaska in the GT-R and taking lots of photos on the way. I promise not to include any actual photos of the car however. I don't want people thinking I like it. I got a reputation to uphold you know.
Gah, if you don't like the car, you should just sell it.

To me.

For cheap.