Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

C7 Corvette Stingray: The Review

Old 11-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by white98ls
That's cool that it records that stuff. Along with the video recording thing that's optional.

I noticed something recently that's pretty funny. At 73mph (my typical cruising speed), the S2k was right at 4k, M3 is at 3k, and my wife's C350 is at 2k. At that speed the C350 gets about 10mpg more than the M3, lol.
Haha, yeah, the C7 actually had some cool stuff that I didn't really think about, like the digital screen for the tach and other info, I never even looked at any of the analog gauges, lots of info you could scroll through and different screens for different modes.

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Nice picture and write-up, Marioshi. Sorry your Stingray is gone, but you will still have all those great memories forever. A Golf R isn't a bad consolation prize either.

Variety is the spice of life, so it's good to try different types of cars and your changing situation obviously dictates a different direction too hence your decision. Enjoy!
Indeed. I know you are right, but it still stinks! I will get over it but man that thing had a lot of character, and people loved it, like people I didn't even know (like my wife's coworkers) were sad that we were selling it. Totally reasonable people like my parents and inlaws were suggesting that we could keep it as a 2nd car despite the fact that we only have a 1 car garage...

The Golf R is a fine car, but I am alredy getting the mod bug, which is dangerous to my wallet.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:39 PM

Received 1,185 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Marioshi
It was an amazing ride, these last 2y 8m...
Jeez, I got my C7 2/13/14 and I remember advising you. It must have been really right away.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
Jeez, I got my C7 2/13/14 and I remember advising you. It must have been really right away.
Stop driving my inheritance.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

The C7 has cylinder deactivation in ECO mode. Four cylinders shut down and gas mileage is greatly increased. I use it on highways/freeways, which is most of my driving. Chevrolet does it to make CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) targets. When I punch it it ECO mode, all eight cylinders instantly kick back in with no lag. It's pretty cool.

Marioshi, are you coming down for the LA Auto Show?
Yesterday I read that Honda has a patent for a crank with different strokes (and thus different displacement) in different cylinders. Reason being they can more precisely fine-tune what cylinders should be active depending on the power demanded at any given moment. Pretty crazy.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:07 AM

I guess I was off by a month, I thought we got it at the end of February but according to my records it was the end of March! whoops. 2y 7m
Old 11-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 1,185 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by zdave87
Stop driving my inheritance.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Golf R flies with light mods and a tune IIRC, with AWD you won't be giving up much on the street from low speeds where most Stingrays will just be a spinfest. Just trying to make you feel better about the change Not that you really need it as the Golf is a cool car. Practicality + performance is awesome, I would love to have a Golf R to haul my big dog around in. In its segment I think it's the best choice now that I am older and supposedly more responsible.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg
The Golf R flies with light mods and a tune IIRC, with AWD you won't be giving up much on the street from low speeds where most Stingrays will just be a spinfest. Just trying to make you feel better about the change Not that you really need it as the Golf is a cool car. Practicality + performance is awesome, I would love to have a Golf R to haul my big dog around in. In its segment I think it's the best choice now that I am older and supposedly more responsible.
Well thanks for trying! Still missing it, not helping that the dealership that I am selling the car to biffed up the paperwork so I am still waiting to get paid...
Old 11-08-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Marioshi

I went to the store the other day and put two 5 gallon buckets of driveway sealcoat in the front trunk of the Cayman and people stood and stared like they thought the car had no engine. I love using the non-utility car for a good Home Depot run.

But on another note, I am anxious to see a Golf R write up.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by vader1
I went to the store the other day and put two 5 gallon buckets of driveway sealcoat in the front trunk of the Cayman and people stood and stared like they thought the car had no engine. I love using the non-utility car for a good Home Depot run.

But on another note, I am anxious to see a Golf R write up.
I supposed I should write up something on it but truthfully I just haven't driven it very much yet. I have a track day this Saturday and I will be lucky to have passed the break in mileage (600) by the time I get there!

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Stingray: The Review