Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Calling CosmosMpower

Old 08-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have one at work. It's a giant hulk of a car compared to everything else save the Cayenne's.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Just for fun:

GTR: 4655 mm x 1895 mm x 1370 mm

350Z: 4310mm x 1815 mm x 1310 mm

NSX: 4430mm x 1810 mm x 1160 mm

S2000: 4,133 mm x 1,750 mm x 1,270 mm

34GTR: 4600 mm x 1785 mm x 1358 mm

GT86: 4,240 mm x 1,775 mm x 1,285 mm

As you can see, it is substantially larger than just about any Japanese sports car out there.

Even the LFA supercar:

LFA: 4,505 mm x 1,895 mm x 1,220 mm is substantially smaller than the R35.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:47 AM
vbb

Fat girls need love too.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:51 AM
vbb

The GT-R is an amazing machine, even at the size. I have not had the pleasure of driving one yet, so I can't tell how big it feels, but from a numbers perspective, it just destroys the competition in speed, acceleration, and even handling. To Cozmos... that is one heck of a car you have there! Very nice sir, very nice. I've always said that if I were going to spend the money on a GT-R, I'd get a Porsche instead... but it appears you have both.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Perfect two car garage!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
The GT-R is an amazing machine, even at the size. I have not had the pleasure of driving one yet, so I can't tell how big it feels, but from a numbers perspective, it just destroys the competition in speed, acceleration, and even handling. To Cozmos... that is one heck of a car you have there! Very nice sir, very nice. I've always said that if I were going to spend the money on a GT-R, I'd get a Porsche instead... but it appears you have both.
Forget most of what you've read in magazines, youtube etc. If you believed all that you'd think the car was a huge feeling, boring car that gives no feedback and is no fun to drive. I thought the same until I actually drove one and it's the complete opposite. From the drivers seat it doesn't feel any larger than my 335 coupe. When I drove a C6 Z06 recently I couldn't tell how wide the front of the car was and I felt like if I moved the wheel a bit I'd be intruding in the next lane on the road. The GT-R despite being bigger dimensionally doesn't give you the feeling of a wide car.

The steering feel has a nice weight and feedback to it, you can feel what the tires are doing on the road even with 3,800 pounds. Amazing to say in this way it's sort of similar to the Lotus. The car will actually power oversteer on corner exit like a RWD car and you better be ready to countersteer. If you just turn in and mash the gas you'll be sideways/backwards, it's not easy like a video game. The acceleration is brutal especially in lower gears with all that available traction. The boost comes on early and you rarely need to rev past 4K to be flying by traffic. I can't imagine what the car would feel like with 150 more whp much less the AMS Omega Kit 1600 awhp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYcHZR_Hs0E
Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Let me know when you decide to sell.
Everything is for sale if the price is right.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

what year did you get? I have a weird hatred, but love for them, all rolled up into one sadistic wet dream.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Driven
what year did you get? I have a weird hatred, but love for them, all rolled up into one sadistic wet dream.
2010 Premium with about 5,300 miles.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Forget most of what you've read in magazines, youtube etc. If you believed all that you'd think the car was a huge feeling, boring car that gives no feedback and is no fun to drive. I thought the same until I actually drove one and it's the complete opposite. From the drivers seat it doesn't feel any larger than my 335 coupe. When I drove a C6 Z06 recently I couldn't tell how wide the front of the car was and I felt like if I moved the wheel a bit I'd be intruding in the next lane on the road. The GT-R despite being bigger dimensionally doesn't give you the feeling of a wide car.

The steering feel has a nice weight and feedback to it, you can feel what the tires are doing on the road even with 3,800 pounds. Amazing to say in this way it's sort of similar to the Lotus. The car will actually power oversteer on corner exit like a RWD car and you better be ready to countersteer. If you just turn in and mash the gas you'll be sideways/backwards, it's not easy like a video game. The acceleration is brutal especially in lower gears with all that available traction. The boost comes on early and you rarely need to rev past 4K to be flying by traffic. I can't imagine what the car would feel like with 150 more whp much less the AMS Omega Kit 1600 awhp.
See that's the thing with this car... it is insane on paper, and every review I've read about it says the acceleration and performance is mind-blowing. That said, it also seems like it would feel big. I've talked to a few GT-R owners and seen several up close, and it doesn't look gigantic, but it definitely looks too big to be nimble. I drove a friend's turbocharged Z06, and while it was stupid fast, it wasn't exactly the feel I'd want in my sports car. But you (and several others) have driven it and all of you enjoy the drive. I'm sure I would too, and I definitely wouldn't mind owning one, though I'd probably want it as a weekend warrior and not my daily driver.

Quick Reply: Calling CosmosMpower