Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Considering 2000 Lotus Esprit

Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.

Considering 2000 Lotus Esprit

 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 PM
  #41  
Registered User
 
Mezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8 View Post
Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1354311835' post='22182490
You're putting out a judgement without personal experience - even to say you'd trust a Lotus of an M BMW is an expression of an opinion without personal experience to back it up. You have nothing to offer this thread, so why be here at all? Everything you have is, at best, anecdotal as well.

For all the grief you're giving people for not having firsthand knowledge of the vehicle in question, I'm not sure why you're even bothering to type anything in this thread. Heck, why are you on the board? You don't even have an S2000 and never have.
So your complaint is I won't agree that all English brands are garbage based on nothing other than tired cliches? That I won't agree that BMW makes the bestest cars ever based purely on BMW's own advertising? I'm somehow in the wrong because I don't tell people to avoid brands based purely on prejudice?

Yeah, that's rational :/

I understand your difficulty grasping why I might post here when I don't worship Honda like you. You reject any concept that might conflict with any opinion you hold. See, I don't surround myself with people who agree with me all the time. I find that boring and pointless. Why have a dialog if you cannot learn anything? How can you learn anything if you don't expose yourself to new ideas and opinions? Crazy talk, I know />/>

And, I'm bored. />/> />/> />/> Ultimately we all probably have more we agree on than not. When people post invective when they disagree and nothing when they agree, invective is the dialog. I don't post "Yeah, +1" very often. Unless it's an actual poll, such minimal input on a forum is often rightfully seen as post-whoring. So we are left with rabid extremism vs. a simple comment. It's not healthy to think of a forum that way, and it's a distortion of what really takes place. And I do my best not to contribute inflammatory statements.

I posted in this thread because there were only two or three posts that didn't regurgitate the same cliches I've been hearing for decades. Only one suggested doing some research at a site that might be more appropriate to the question. I was kind of surprised.

At this point I am not surprised that rnye cannot post without insulting me even though I think we probably agree far more often than not. You cannot post without going out of your way to disagree with me, typically of the form "You are wrong because Mustang." Bullwings paints me as his personal negative-man to the extreme - what I actually write is immaterial for his/her purposes. It's like all of you are so threatened by a voice that doesn't simply regurgitate the groupthink you can't even evaluate the written word without a logical short-circuit. So why should I leave?

I try not to insult people simply for disagreeing. I don't discount points of view simply because the poster drives Car X. I don't take other people's opinions to the irrational extreme as a counter-argument or put words in their mouth. Yet I'm the troll? />/>
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/fact...sopinions.html
Mezza is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
  #42  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,220
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
...
Seriously, just when I think you've hit the intelligence valley, you somehow drill a hole in the trough and take a thread to new depths of stupidity.
This coming from someone who believes one doesn't need experience or knowledge. Rich stuff.

I'm thoroughly amused by the responses to my post. If I can speak figuratively, it's like a crew of memes wearing helmets because they fall down alot and have already had too many concussions. At least they are welcome on a Honda forum. That's something.
NuncoStr8 is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM
  #43  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 19,262
Liked 63 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8 View Post
Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1354377275' post='22183608
...
Seriously, just when I think you've hit the intelligence valley, you somehow drill a hole in the trough and take a thread to new depths of stupidity.
This coming from someone who believes one doesn't need experience or knowledge. Rich stuff.

I'm thoroughly amused by the responses to my post. If I can speak figuratively, it's like a crew of memes wearing helmets because they fall down alot and have already had too many concussions. At least they are welcome on a Honda forum. That's something.
Knowledge and experience can be mutually exclusive, assuming one uses reliable sources to gain knowledge. I said that dismissing people because they don't have first-hand experience in no way invalidates what they offer. It can, but it doesn't automatically exclude their information, opinion or data.

You're obviously a troll and I can't wait for the ban hammer to fall.
JonBoy is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
  #44  
Registered User
 
nofearofdanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,808
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

3 years of stupidity and going strong.
nofearofdanger is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
S2K Al
Car Talk
25
08-21-2015 05:51 AM
mingster
Car Talk
23
02-23-2010 11:32 AM
mickfluff
Car Talk
59
11-18-2007 11:33 PM
Caffeinated21
Car Talk
34
04-26-2005 03:55 PM


Quick Reply: Considering 2000 Lotus Esprit


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands