Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I want an Integra

Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I want an Integra

Background
I change my mind about my daily driver about once a year. I had a GSR sedan for 5 weeks before it was stolen during the day in front of my work. Only paid $2k for it and I usually get liability only on my beaters. I really liked it (or didn't have it long enough to get bored with it). It was quick enough, fun to drive, not too harsh, didn't feel cheap, easy and inexpensive to maintain, option to mod, and had good mpg.

I'd love to have another one, but I'm afraid of it getting stolen. I work in an "up and coming" area. I am literally 1 block away from what used to be the Chicago projects (in process of being demolished) and 1 block away from a Pottery Barn and Banana Republic.

Question
So I'm looking for suggestions on either a replacement vehicle or tips to protect another GSR. For the past year, I've been driving an SVT Focus which I'm now bored with. Fun to drive, but a bit stiff for the city, feels cheap, and I don't know what I would do if that cosworth engine blew (ie, a lot harder to replace than a B18). I'd like to get another Honda since they are fun to drive and easy to work on.

Cars I'm considering in the $5k range if I can find it:
Integra GSR (with alarm, kill switch(es), and clutch lock)
Acura CL/TL Type-S
Prelude (not sure what MY or trim to go for)
02-05 Civic Si (will be hard to find in that price range)
RSX (base model will be hard to find in that price range)
99+ CRV

Anything else I should look at? Tips on keeping a GSR from getting stolen?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

97+ Preludes come with an immobilizer...

As you said for the GSR keep it stock looking. Put a bunch of kill switches + alarm + clutch lock

CRV will be functional can't say much about the fun factor though unless its AWD and your driving through snow.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 AM

well this is my for sale thread that i made but i took down till i get home from deployment. ill be back in the next few weeks though.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry17468745
Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

I've owned my GS-R for 10 years and have always parked it on the street. 7 of those years were in Raleigh, NC and 3 in NYC (Astoria, Qns and Soho, Manhattan). I realize they're a highly valued target but maybe thieves don't recognize my GS-R since its the 2nd gen bodystyle?

Almost every shop I've taken the car to work for I hear "can't believe you engine hasn't been stolen"

It has been broken into once though
Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hondaphreak,Apr 20 2010, 12:44 PM
well this is my for sale thread that i made but i took down till i get home from deployment. ill be back in the next few weeks though.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry17468745
Thanks. As much as I would love to have a del sol, I need 4 seats and a usable trunk for the daily. I drive everywhere and like to give my non-car-owning friends rides (cuz I hate public transportation and I hate having my schedule revolve around their schedule which revolves around the Chicago transit authority's schedule). Plus, I use the utility of hatchback more than I thought I would. Of course a del Sol would solve the problem of not having a softtop in the S. Chance of rain - just drive the sol.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Removable steering wheel, alarm, kill switch, gun.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:41 PM

If you get non GSR wheels, de badge it, get one with cloth interior, and remove the wing, it won't have a better chance of being stolen than a run of the mill integra. I had a 94 gsr sedan several years back and never had an issue, presumably because I took my own advice.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

I wanted a 99-00 Civic Ek hatch for a daily to put a b16 in and some nice wheels and call it a day but i was sooo worried about theft i bought a 99 honda passport. i can leave my Pa in it after a night of gigging and don't have to worry about it. lol
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 PM

My brother had an Integra. He used to chain it to our tree in our driveway. and park a car behind it.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Why dont you look for an eg bubble with a swap. there light and fun to drive and in your price range.

My civic got stolen from infront of my house, doors locked, had no alarm or anything but i only went inside to grab something to eat, took about 10 min..when i came back outside it was gone i think someone was watching me.

I got the car back a couple days later...stripped but nothing was taken...of course not..why would you steal an automatic civic. When i went to pick it up the hood,fenders,and headlights all inside the car. Wow was i mad not only did they steal my car...but they messed up the hole interior by putting the hood inside.

Once i picked it up from the shop it went right into the garage. Paranoid, hell yes VERY,i didnt drive it for a week.

EXACTLY one week later...some one breaks into my garage at 5 in the afternoon..my mom heard the alarm beep..she told me to go down and check it out..i thought she was just bugging out you know being paranoid. So i go down to check. I swing the door to garage and there he is like a deer in headlights. Guys trying to open the door to my car i scream mother ****er and he says No No No and starts running....lucky for me the backyard fence is kinda high...he tryed jumping it but his fat ass didnt make it over the fence i grabed his shirt and to the ground he went...after about 7 min of beating this guy the cops showed up..

guy was drunk...had his bike on the other side of my fence..idk what he was thinking when i went to the police station to fill out the report the officer told me i gave him a pretty nice tunning...

i would hope i did...he honestly wasn't moving. my mom was screaming and crying telling me to stop that i was going to kill him..my friend just stood there after about 5 min asked me if he should call the cops lol man what a day...

but i got all my anger out on the second guy for the first guy stealing my car... lol

sorry for the long post i just had to share it with you guys...

Quick Reply: I want an Integra