Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The new Accord is not selling!?

Old 05-04-2018, 11:18 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hondata just put out a flashpro for it. I've heard it's unexpectedly quick!
Old 05-06-2018, 11:31 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

I’ve been test driving the new accord in a manual turbo, I really like the car, I’ve had a few over the years. I also own a truck, a big lifted truck, and a Tahoe. I own a lot of land and real estate, I do a lot of towing, a lot of job site visits on rough terrain, I pull an enclosed trailer often be it with the S2000 in it or furniture or even trash! Just don’t automatically judge every truck owner, it’s an absolute necessity. When I’m not on the job that’s when I like having the accord or s2000, economical, stylish, and fun.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by termigni
not selling because it's simply ugly
This. I can't bring myself to like the new Accord. Its butt sags way too much. 9th Gen Accord is the best perfection since the 80's-early 90's Accords, which were my favorite.

Of couse, everybody (except me, I HATE them) wants an SUV and sedan sales are dying in general, so that doesn't help.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by white98ls
And how, on the SE models without the quad exhaust, it just has a blank opening on one side? Just below the fake vent that is supposed to look like it's venting... not sure what exactly? Can't say I agree with you.

This seriously looks like a whale. With a black speedo on its face.
I must have seen the v6 version. It was white and had some two tone black rear roof. Looked good. This version, not so much.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
I don't think it is just that, my sister and my dad "just want to be high up". Pretty much a direct quote from both of them last time they bought.

I think that a lot of this comes from the fact now that sedans are in the minority, you can't see sh*t around all the minivans, trucks, and suvs, and if they are just as high they get a better perspective than being down on the ground with the people who are still into driving. I hate not being able to see as well in my sedan or coupe, but I am not trading my driving enjoyment for better visibility.
My fiancee wants to sell her sedan and get an SUV for this very reason. My winter vehicle is an Infiniti EX35 and while it's kind of sporty, I would much rather it have been a G37 wagon with car ride height. I don't want to be up high, it blows for performance and doesn't make me feel all that much safer.

As for the Accord, I'm sure it's nice to drive, I like the idea of the engine and that they offer a manual. But the front end is just ugly. Reminds my of what Acura did with the chrome beak on the older TL. If they redid the front, it would look so much better!
Old 05-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coop3422
My fiancee wants to sell her sedan and get an SUV for this very reason. My winter vehicle is an Infiniti EX35 and while it's kind of sporty, I would much rather it have been a G37 wagon with car ride height. I don't want to be up high, it blows for performance and doesn't make me feel all that much safer.

As for the Accord, I'm sure it's nice to drive, I like the idea of the engine and that they offer a manual. But the front end is just ugly. Reminds my of what Acura did with the chrome beak on the older TL. If they redid the front, it would look so much better!
I have seen someone around here with one of those, slammed with nice wheels. It looks pretty neat. Takes are of that ride height you're talking about!