Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2K to 06 WRX... give me some suggestions

Old 07-23-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sti, or it's not an upgrade. I hope you've driven it, because these cars are a whole different world. Great in thier own way, but different from the S. If you like the way the S drives and handles, then there are only a few choices to go up the latter with the same character...NSX, cayman, GT3...
Old 07-23-2006, 08:35 AM

I test drove a few cars this past Friday including the STI. The power is amazing. It is addicting. However, it is very unrefined when compared with the S. The car is simply a beast. Built and bred for unadulterated bursts of power. The handling is not bad, but not as connected as the S. The interior fit-and-finish is also a notch below.

In summary, a great car, but not my cup of tea. The silly wing also is a spoiler (no pun intended).

I also test drove a VW GTI and a 330i. Really liked them both. The GTI is an amazing value. In many respects it had a better interior than the 330i! However, VW reliability does not give me the warm and fuzzies.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:23 PM

I have driven it. Even the WRX TR (non STi) puts you back in the seat. There have been posts of going 13.8 in the 1/4mile stock.

Handling, like axel said, doesn't feel like you are connected to the road as much. I think after some better tires and stiffer suspension it will handle much better.

dont do it. in the end you'll have nothing more than an Impreza econo-box thats been tuned... you wont get as many looks in that... the tranny isn't as good... won't handle as good... and there are many more WRX owners than S2000 owners.
Yeah, all true. But- it has more room, back seats, more comfort, all around makes a better daily driver.

I forgot to mention that this is going to be my DD.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:18 PM

Well best of luck to you and your decision... if you think it will make a better dd then do it but, personally I would keep the S like I stated in my first post.

But whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll be pretty happy

Frank

Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 PM

IMO get STI or dont get anything from subaru cause ull always wonder what it will be like.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:17 PM

I'm with everyone else. Go with the STi and don't look back.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:30 AM

IMO get STI or dont get anything from subaru cause ull always wonder what it will be like.
A new one in comparison to a new WRX TR? Do you think the extra $10k is worth it?

Like I said I am skeptical of a used one. They seem reliable overall but everyone that owns one of these will abuse it. For all I know they could beat the shit out of it right before they sell it just to get their kicks. Then longer down the road when everything brakes down i'm the one to pay.

I hate making decisions like this....
Old 07-24-2006, 04:11 AM

I've driven an 06 wrx and an 06 STI. The performance is nice, but I'm willing to take some turns a fraction of a second slower so I can enjoy driving with the top down.

Going from an s2000 to a WRX is definitely not an upgrade.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:40 AM

no doubt they are difficult cars to compare - they're almost on the opposite ends of the spectrum

Ones a moderately powered roadster with almost no storage - while the other is a torque monster with tons of truck space.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read the title and all I could tell you is that I love WRX but if you go from an S2000 you will regret the change but everyone is different and you might not feel it as much as me. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: S2K to 06 WRX... give me some suggestions