Anyone bought or leased anything recently? - Page 4 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Anyone bought or leased anything recently?

 
Old 10-07-2018, 09:08 AM
  #31  
 
Nottm_S2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 19,219
Thanked 52 Times in 52 Posts
Default

I have done the exact opposite to you, Gad and Nick, my 01 S2 is now serviced by me as i have lost all remaining faith in dealers and lack the patience to deal with em. Having said that if Daytona were closer...

this year changed coolant, diff fluid, gearbox fluid, oil, filter and serp belt and bearings so next year pretty easy. I do enjoy tinkering in my garage and for the first time in a long time i have time to do it.

Even the family car is 10yo now. I’ve no desire for newer cars at all. Had a pass ride in an 18 plate 911 turbo this week. Impressive but unappealing to me in equal measure
Nottm_S2 is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 09:34 AM
  #32  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Survivalist enclave
Posts: 31,522
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
I have done the exact opposite to you, Gad and Nick, my 01 S2 is now serviced by me as i have lost all remaining faith in dealers and lack the patience to deal with em. Having said that if Daytona were closer...

this year changed coolant, diff fluid, gearbox fluid, oil, filter and serp belt and bearings so next year pretty easy. I do enjoy tinkering in my garage and for the first time in a long time i have time to do it.

Even the family car is 10yo now. I’ve no desire for newer cars at all. Had a pass ride in an 18 plate 911 turbo this week. Impressive but unappealing to me in equal measure
you're younger, you'll change

I haven't lost my taste in older cars completely, just my appetite for skinned knuckles, dirty fingernails and crap in my eyes and hair

I'll probably do oil and filter and pad changes until I give up driving but they are the only things I find worthwhile now, even though they save the least money

Old habits die hard I suppose
gaddafi is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 12:15 PM
  #33  
 
arsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sunny Norf*ck
Posts: 9,773
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gaddafi View Post
you're younger, you'll change

I haven't lost my taste in older cars completely, just my appetite for skinned knuckles, dirty fingernails and crap in my eyes and hair

I'll probably do oil and filter and pad changes until I give up driving but they are the only things I find worthwhile now, even though they save the least money

Old habits die hard I suppose
and so far have only changed oil the once which was forced by the plug coming out on arrival home from buying - see my avatar pic
arsie is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:08 AM
  #34  
 
Nick Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hertford
Posts: 30,864
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Does a deal help the decision?

I got mailshat by Britannia and I think this works out as ten large including the dreaded for three years:

https://www.britanniacarfinance.co.u...20%20VAT%20BCH
Nick Graves is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 05:22 AM
  #35  
 
ianl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Beautiful South
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gaddafi View Post
I want something new which goes straight to a main dealer under warranty if it plays up

......
If that's a major driver, I'd consider the reputation of your local dealerships in your selection of car - the least competent will drive you to distraction (or worse!) Pete.
ianl is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 08:42 AM
  #36  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Survivalist enclave
Posts: 31,522
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
Does a deal help the decision?

I got mailshat by Britannia and I think this works out as ten large including the dreaded for three years:

https://www.britanniacarfinance.co.u...20%20VAT%20BCH
You'd think they'd pay you more than £10K to drive that for three years!
gaddafi is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 11:22 PM
  #37  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Survivalist enclave
Posts: 31,522
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ianl View Post
If that's a major driver, I'd consider the reputation of your local dealerships in your selection of car - the least competent will drive you to distraction (or worse!) Pete.
Fair point Ian. Probably be Korean in that case although I have had no recent problems with local Nissan or Honda dealers.
gaddafi is offline  
Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM
  #38  
 
GarethB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In Bed..... fordshire
Posts: 4,758
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gaddafi View Post
I suspect the Jazz would be too small and the p taking too great - not a great combination

I will need a bigger car than that - one cannot drive anything smaller than the other half's motor!
Wise words indeed.

Has anyone suggested a Yeti? (apologies, I skim read)

GarethB is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:55 AM
  #39  
 
Nick Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hertford
Posts: 30,864
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default

ITTSG? I know Skoda were planning to drop it.
Nick Graves is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:31 AM
  #40  
UK Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Herts
Posts: 23,881
Thanked 82 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
ITTSG? I know Skoda were planning to drop it.
The Karoq is the replacement: ŠKODA KAROQ

Though it looks very much like a VW Tiguan/SEAT Ateca, so it's not really a direct replacement, sadly.

lovegroova is online now  

Quick Reply: Anyone bought or leased anything recently?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands