Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

I finally get my Porsche...

Old 10-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

At times it's maybe good you didn't see them, you may have been the one to end up in a cell. Good luck with the scratches.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by The Loon,Oct 4 2010, 07:11 PM
c unts. Sorry to hear of this incident Rick

My Prelude picked up a few scratches where some yoofs had been doing that then-trendy with thicko types jumping over cars shit, but that is taking the biscuit.

I hope you get it sorted out OK.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear this. Stunned by how low some people can stoop!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM

I was at a body repair place picking up my Accord. Was told that someone had jumped on a Cayman's roof and bonnet..... This is the reason why I do not park my Porsche for long. Usually I go out for a drive and it goes back in the garage.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self”

These people have low self esteem and seeing someone with something that they are jealous of makes them angry. Pathetic.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM

Never saw it happen and there was no one around when I went out to the car, good job I didn't see it as well as it's normally the innocent one who ends up in the nick with these things.

Didn't bother ringing the police I gathered there would be no point?

I'm guessing that it may have been video'd on a mobile phone like all these things days so i'm just going to keep an eye out on youtube.

One thing I just can't get into my head is the mentality of someone to actually do that, i've never understood vandalism.

Dave, I do have some pics I took the other night, I'll have to write a proper review this week!

MB/Irvatron maybe we should start a rebel force against all chavs you know like the film Outlaw?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hockenheim,Oct 4 2010, 07:50 PM
I was at a body repair place picking up my Accord. Was told that someone had jumped on a Cayman's roof and bonnet..... This is the reason why I do not park my Porsche for long. Usually I go out for a drive and it goes back in the garage.
At least they didn't do that to mine, it must be a Cayman thing, maybe they should of called it the Porsche Stepping-Stone, I guess it is the ideal shape to run over?

I agree on keeping it off the road, I am very very picky where I park you would of thought it would be safe but I guess not.

It's getting to the point wheres it not even worth having a nice car in this country...
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedUn,Oct 4 2010, 09:10 PM
MB/Irvatron maybe we should start a rebel force against all chavs you know like the film Outlaw?

A line from Pulp Fiction springs to mind...its not very PC but it is fitting for this type of scenario

"I'm gonna call me a couple a Hard Pipe Hittin' Ns, to go to work on the Homes here....with a pair of pliers and a blow torch". (Pulp Fiction)
Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Never understand the mentality of people that do it.

Sorry your new purchase hasn't necessarily been a great experience. Hope you have no further problems
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Wonder if they ever caught the louts that filmed themselves using a lotus as a trampoline in mayfair a few years back

There is a lot of scum out there. It really is quite refreshing just having a family car at the moment that can be left anywhere.

Quick Reply: I finally get my Porsche...