Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

I finally get my Porsche...

Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This makes me sooooo angry! What a bunch of total losers! Basically, if they can't have it, they'll wreck it

I've mentioned on here before that some lads actually kicked my old MX5 whilst I was driving it onto my drive. Someone (I obviously don't know who) chased after them and made sure that they would never want to do this again. He was swung from his his goldie lookin chain and made to apologise to me! He became very high pitched! (Allegedly).

The other day I was looking after a patient in her home, when I heard a commotion outside. I looked out of the window to see school kids hitting my car! I couldn't do anything about it as my patient was too poorly to leave. They didn't cause any damage, I'm assuming they were trying to set the alarm off, but why?

I've had a few problems with scum bags with my cars over the years and I understand what you are saying about not wanting to have anything decent, but we can't let them win. In my experience the older/crappier cars I have had, have received worse damage than the nicer ones.

I'm all for flame throwers personally. I would love to rig up a decoy car to all sorts, see how they like that being put on you tube!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:16 PM

Bunch of feckers! Some ignorant little scrote pissed on my S a few weeks back, I was pretty angry, especially as I have my suspicions who did it. Karma has a wonderful way for revenge.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Man I am sorry to hear that.
I do notice it does depend on where you live in general in the country. Maybe its also a colour of car related thing, but I always get let out of junctions and people just pull over out of the way on the Motor Way. Generally 95% of the people I have seen take any sort of interest in the car have been positive which did surprise me.

Hopefully what happened wont detract too much from the experience of having it I I can attest after a similar incident happening when I had the S2000 that unless there is CCTV or similar footage then Mr Plod is not interested as its too much effort to track down.

Look forward to reading your review. Oh and get it on track
Old 10-04-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem,Oct 4 2010, 08:43 PM
Never understand the mentality of people that do it.

Sorry your new purchase hasn't necessarily been a great experience. Hope you have no further problems
entirely - oxygen thieves as others have said

Wonder if they ever caught the louts that filmed themselves using a lotus as a trampoline in mayfair a few years back
I think they did Nick after a while
Old 10-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unbelievable.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 PM

I returned to my car in a busy 'nice' part of bristol the other week to find some scum had emptied his lunch into the cockpit....at least that all just wiped clean.

My old P.E teacher (prop for Bristol Rugby), caught a 'youf' ripping the mirror of his Audi Quattro....needless to say when the door opened and a 20 stoner came out the lad scarpered, probably thinking he could outrun said figure....I can tell you, for a 20 stoner that man could shift!

One youf apprehended (rugby tackled), off to old bill, charged with criminal damage and had to pay for damage.

That was 10 years ago, problem now is, that if you did that they would be back a week later and probably set fire to the car, worse still your house.

'oh what a wonderful world.....'

some times you just need to take it on your stride and sleep easy knowing you lead a far better life than them. As few have said, what goes around, comes around - they will upset the wrong person one day and be on the receiving end of a right royal bashing.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:37 PM

While its a shit deal i can't say i'm surprised. Nothing of this kind does anymore. I don't think there are many things these scumbags won't stoop to.

I would have reported it at least for an incident number in case of any future need to contact insurers.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 PM

just because someone has runover a porsche doesnt mean they are jealous or pikeys... etc.

twats are twats no matter where you are.this is why i moved to the country.

hope you get the porker sorted soon with the minimum cost and effort.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Shopman,Oct 4 2010, 08:54 PM
“To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self”

These people have low self esteem and seeing someone with something that they are jealous of makes them angry. Pathetic.

Don't let it spoil the car for you
Old 10-05-2010, 12:51 AM

Received 626 Likes on 547 Posts

that's bad dude. did the alarm not go off?

Quick Reply: I finally get my Porsche...