Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

I finally get my Porsche...

Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These seem to attract this sort of behavior.

My mate bought a new Caymen S this year, its slowly getting ruined by of all things the neighborhood cats!

They seem to be walking all over the thing and sharpening their claws on the front end! He has already had it resprayed once. Nothing seems to keep them away either he has tried movement activated watersprays and lion dung!

Hope you get your car repaired the way you want it Redun.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't assume it's malicious - the same happened to my sister's ancient Fiesta - turned out to be the neighbour's son; drunk and home from Uni with some mates and thought it would be funny.

Another neighbour saw them do it, and the kid paid up for the damage (dented roof etc.).

I also saw a load of people doing it in a carpark in Wales - up and down the carpark at 2am without using the floor, with the brand new S parked there. Fortunately they didn't run across that one

Sad either way
Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did look for cctv but the kinda of area it is there is non, it is also quite a few miles away from any pubs/bars so you wouldn't of expected drunken people to walk that far.

Even if they were drunk they still know what they are doing its no excuse if you ask me.

I'm guessing it was just some yoofs from the size of the footprints around the ages 14-16, not that i'm a footprint expert just a guess.

Cats is a problem, I've no idea what you can do apart from get a dog or shoot them? Maybe slightly extreme there!

I think i'm going to get a hummer after this one and the next time someone cuts me up or pulls out in front of me i'll drive over them!

BF/Mikey - It appears the opposite, I got called a w@nker on tuesday slowing down from a national speed limit into a 30 in 6th gear, nice and steady, no noise, no fuss, #### knows maybe its me?

Moggy - I think thats the place, I thought he was a VW guy maybe i'm wrong, looks good though!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Oct 4 2010, 08:29 PM
Utter bastards.

If it's any consolation, Rick, I caught a lad kicking off the wing mirror on an MX5 once...
I had a near neighbour do this.

Happened three times, always a Wednesday night.

Turns out he used to get pissed at skittles, lose, and take it out on the local cars on the way home.

I followed him home, as I knew his surname I checked the BT book and rang him.

You never heard anyone so shit scared over a telephone.

He's dead now. So long pal.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Oct 7 2010, 10:10 AM
I had a near neighbour do this.

Happened three times, always a Wednesday night.

Turns out he used to get pissed at skittles, lose, and take it out on the local cars on the way home.

I followed him home, as I knew his surname I checked the BT book and rang him.

You never heard anyone so shit scared over a telephone.

He's dead now. So long pal.
You're hired
Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice

Redun, I actually used to take an odd pleasure at the fact a car I drive provoked anough anger in someone that they had to verbally abuse me It's a bit like saying "im a loser so i'm shouting at you for it!"
Old 10-07-2010, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a good way of looking at it MB

I normally tend to give it a foot full to drown them out
Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 AM

Received 637 Likes on 554 Posts

evo wrote an article recently about this very issue. i think their guy drove an AMG about 20 miles or so and was abused half a dozen times.

personally i'd pull over, these idiots are brain dead, give them the first shot then beat the crap out of em. maybe they'll learn? and it would be fun either way

about 4 months ago a dad with his 5 or 6 year old kid shouted abuse at me driving at <nsl on a single carriageway so i pulled over and asked him what the problem was and why he was using that language in front of a child. didnt say a word, just scuttled off. he was trying to cross this very wide road with a 60 limit on a bend

poor kid

we have a loser mentality, i want it all for nothing society.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2,Oct 8 2010, 10:10 AM
evo wrote an article recently about this very issue. i think their guy drove an AMG about 20 miles or so and was abused half a dozen times.

personally i'd pull over, these idiots are brain dead, give them the first shot then beat the crap out of em. maybe they'll learn? and it would be fun either way

about 4 months ago a dad with his 5 or 6 year old kid shouted abuse at me driving at <nsl on a single carriageway so i pulled over and asked him what the problem was and why he was using that language in front of a child. didnt say a word, just scuttled off. he was trying to cross this very wide road with a 60 limit on a bend

poor kid

we have a loser mentality, i want it all for nothing society.

I had a similar experience recently

someone mouthing off about 'going too fast, watch out for the children! etc'

if I had been 'going fast' I would never have been able to hear/decipher the diatribe

I wandered back and advised the guy not to walk his kids on roads without pavements (we were on a country lane) if he didn't want to run the risk of being run over

as in your case, no response

and as I said on another thread once, these people, when you see them, always look exactly how you imagine a loser to look

I'm still waiting to be given the verbals by someone gorgeous and intelligent driving a lambo

funnily enough it always seems to be ugly, overweight thicko builder types in 4x4s (cheap Range Rovers seem to be the current favourite) or the female equiv

or sales reps in 320d's who really should be more careful who they shout at
Old 10-08-2010, 02:26 AM

no one says anything to me

Quick Reply: I finally get my Porsche...