Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

MotoGP 2014 - The firking barstewards!

Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moto GP is awsome to watch being a rider it is poetry!!! F1 is like scale electrix.... far to strict and conservative especially as its meant to be the pinacle of automotive engineering.... may as well make it a class of all the same cars.... soon theyre regulate the colour of paint allowed to use because of some nonsense rubbish excuse....

Watch motoGP, BSB and all the classes 600 up.... Laverty, Marquez.... is Stoner coming back? Cant wait for more sideways elbow and knee down bike bashing action....
Old 02-17-2014, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crutchlow on a Ducati...

Can't wait!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Moto GP is awsome to watch being a rider it is poetry!!!
As much as I've always found MotoGP a bit dull; too slow and they overtake too easily, I think it's a little unfair to suggest it's as boring as poetry.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Hale
Originally Posted by GaryB' timestamp='1389727251' post='22964918
I can change my internet provider to BT Infinity and get it for free. Only my current package is a good deal and I don't want to change all my details on every site I visit as my email address will change!

Thanks for being there.
To avoid this problem & why not just use a gmail or hotmail email rather than being tied in to your ISP?

The rest of the rant is valid though
And register and configure your own domain at something like www.freeparking.co.uk
Old 03-22-2014, 11:06 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Just watched the qualifying on BT Sport.
Who on earth employed that strident tart to act as the link? Kept coming out with the most banal utterances. as for the commentators, they were more interested in scoring points off each other than the action.
Bring in the BBC team, at least they seemed interested!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Heinz '57
Who on earth employed that strident tart to act as the link? Kept coming out with the most banal utterances. as for the commentators, they were more interested in scoring points off each other than the action.
I feel your pain with the BT Sports lineup.

Keith Heuwen has an irritating Essex twang but knows his stuff. Unlike his Sky days, this time he's locked away in the commentary box with Julian so we can't see his "Just for Men" hair.

Julian Ryder seems to be on his usual form, despite the absence of Toby Mody. "Espagawoh" ...

Melanie Sykes (your aforementioned strident tart) I actually have some time for, but certainly not in the world of MotoGP where she clearly doesn't know one end of a bike from another. She was closing a piece with the terminally boring and charmless James Toseland and, having failed to mention Crutchlow, suddenly yelled his name when it was clear the producer had shouted a reminder in her earpiece. (If they wanted some female interest, why not get hold of wee Azi Farni from the BBC who clearly knew her stuff and seemed to be popular with the riders)

At least the race commentary ought to be bearable ...
Old 03-23-2014, 12:47 AM

BT seem to think some eye candy will pull in the viewers - they forget that Suzi Perry actually knew her bike stuff and is working hard to get yo grips with F1, helped by DC

I agree with the commentators pointless bickering and point scoring - Heuwen even read a message from a viewer asking them to do some commentary!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But the racing is good....
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't see it as I don't have BT. I just thought I'd mention that Heuwen and Ryder have previous as a commentary pairing; they covered WSB for Sky in the 90's, providing the commentary for most of Foggy's championships. When Sky stopped covering WSB Heuwen stayed and covered I know not what and Ryder replaced Denis Noyes on Eurosport's 500 GP commentary team.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yikes. The Sykes/Toseland combo is absolutely cringeworthy. It even makes the Vanarama ad looks BAFTA-winning by comparison ...

EDIT: Just noticed that ITV4 have an hour of highlights tomorrow night at 8.00pm, That might be less painful and allow me to watch El Clasico live instead of the race ...

Quick Reply: MotoGP 2014 - The firking barstewards!