Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

new trend

Old 07-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevo071077,Jul 19 2009, 06:38 PM
Great ...well if you do, would you mind bequeathing enough money to pay the gargantuan bill caused by getting the law out to stop you?
I already pay gargantuan taxes

and I'm sure there would be inheritance tax too

and the book and film rights my nearest and dearest would enjoy

which would more than cover it

even though I'm well in credit

Old 07-19-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that the biking community has it's fair share of tw@ts, just like car drivers. Alot of agro towards bikers is pure jealousy IME. Is it really going to ruin your day that much if you have to wait an extra 30 seconds to get home? I doubt it. If you are concerned for your safety as a result of someone else's driving or riding, stay back...don't get involved...it just ain't worth it.

I saw alot of drivers in their expensive Ferraris, Bentleys, Porsches etc today, driving like complete and utter knob jockeys, right up everyone's arse. Just because someone has money, it sure doesn't make them a good driver, quite the opposite in alot of cases. Did I want to be near them when they caused an accident? Did I fook. I hung back and stayed well clear.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jul 19 2009, 01:36 PM
one of those things to do if diagnosed with a terminal illness

along with call round to all the people you've always detested/really deserve to die

and kill them

I've always thought I could get to about 20 people before the law caught up with me

You are assuming of course that you will learn of said terminal illness first.

No doubt you are on the list of many others.

Some may already be sick.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Odd this bike thing...

I rode bikes for most of my life, my first large bike being a GpZ1100i at age nineteen.
Laterly I would always enjoy the rush of some 'road sport' with a sports car that was well driven.
In fact I would say that such encounters would make a good ride a most excellent fun day out and I longed for such encounters.

The most memorable being the ten miles of A39 Minehead coast road with an M3 not so long ago.
I let it past in the end as I was close to my (and my bikes) limits, very impressive.
Now I own fairly rapid cars I can see how easy it is on bumpy A/B roads to keep ahead.
And also to appreciate when the 'must win at any cost' biker brigade are taking chances and so to back off.

Anhow, I digress.

I was sat in the last B/H traffic jams heading home on the M4 and crawling in the outside lane, just.
I had been there for hours and wandered close to the white line.
I didnt see the three sport bikes picking thier way through the queue on my nearside as I was honestly daydreaming.
The last cock through had panniers and a squeeze and tried to kick in my front wing, presumably as he thought I was deliberately obstructing them.
I always move over for bikes filtering.

What an asshole.

Luckily for him he missed the kick and managed to not fall off of hit the other cars as he lost balance doing so.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jul 19 2009, 09:21 PM
I already pay gargantuan taxes

and I'm sure there would be inheritance tax too

and the book and film rights my nearest and dearest would enjoy

which would more than cover it

even though I'm well in credit

F UCKING HELL. Geddalife-i more like.

Gargantuan? I paid
Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=98RON,Jul 20 2009, 07:35 AM]
F UCKING HELL. Geddalife-i more like.

Gargantuan? I paid
Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had completely the opposite experience with bikers this summer in the Dales.

Had a few good runs with some likeminded riders playing cat and mouse with the Exige - all good fun and safe.

Maybe it's because I go out in the weekday evenings, so there's only me and the bikers about, maybe it's the car, perhaps it's the area (met my fair share of toss pot bikers living down south), I don't know. But I've only met the good ones recently
Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkB,Jul 20 2009, 08:06 AM
I've had completely the opposite experience with bikers this summer in the Dales.

Had a few good runs with some likeminded riders playing cat and mouse with the Exige - all good fun and safe.

Maybe it's because I go out in the weekday evenings, so there's only me and the bikers about, maybe it's the car, perhaps it's the area (met my fair share of toss pot bikers living down south), I don't know. But I've only met the good ones recently
might have something to do with the playground too

the bulk of obstructiveness I encounter is on main roads

enthusiasts tend to get off the beaten track

and whilst stressing, car drivers are far worse for obstructiveness, even taking into account the greater numbers of cars on the road

I find it incomprehensible why bikers do it, given their obvious advantages that enable them to clear almost any type of traffic
Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loftust,Jul 19 2009, 08:42 PM
I agree that the biking community has it's fair share of tw@ts, just like car drivers. Alot of agro towards bikers is pure jealousy IME. Is it really going to ruin your day that much if you have to wait an extra 30 seconds to get home? I doubt it.
It's got nothing to do with getting home 30 seconds earlier, and more to do with them impeding my progress when I'm out for a nice drive in the countryside. There are usually the odd skidmark, bit of wreckage or ambulance on my route though, so you think they'd pay attention.

And I do laugh when i come round a corner to see a load of sheeping bikers flapping like seagulls for ME to slow down because one of their own has hit a lamp post.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jul 20 2009, 08:32 AM
It's got nothing to do with getting home 30 seconds earlier, and more to do with them impeding my progress when I'm out for a nice drive in the countryside. There are usually the odd skidmark, bit of wreckage or ambulance on my route though, so you think they'd pay attention.

And I do laugh when i come round a corner to see a load of sheeping bikers flapping like seagulls for ME to slow down because one of their own has hit a lamp post.
I very rarely have to slow down for bikers when out for a drive...it's other car drivers that are the problem for me.

Perhaps the calibre of bikers in my area is better than where you drive???

I have been 100 yds behind an accident and saw everything happen in front of me not long ago. A biker went into another due to a set of temporary traffic lights placed on a blind bend. The offending rider was going too quick IMHO. I do see alot more car accidents however, and alot more risk taking from car drivers too, well in excess of the car/bike ratio.

Personally, I ride like everyone is out to get me (not that I actually believe this), so take it easy in comparison to others. Don't think for one second I don't like to twist the throttle though...I merely assess the risk of each bend, much as I do behind the wheel.

If non-bikers would stop having such a hatred for the biking community and treat them as fairly as other motorists, there would be alot less prejudice. As with all forms of motorists, there are going to be good ones and bad ones, I don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Quick Reply: new trend