Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Ppl in beemers

Old 07-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moff,Jul 6 2007, 08:13 AM
I find Range Rover Sport drivers particularly frustrating.
what is it with these cars, they are not even that quick
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 AM

I was driving up a hill yesterday (cars parked on both sides, but with spaces to pull in) and was about 7/8's of the way up when a 52 reg BMW Convertible came over the hill and didn't pull in to let me pass. He just stopped and I obviously had to stop aswell - we then sat there for 2 mins, him gesticulating that I should reverse (I thought you were supposed to give priority to cars coming up the hill....and also I was 7/8's of the way up.....). I eventually got out my car and got EVO magazine out the boot and started to read it - he then reversed. But left me very little space to get by...........

I just thought - you have so lived up to the reputation of BMW drivers -
And they probably wonder why I never let the out of junctions (unless they are fit (female)) :-)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by NSBlake,Jul 6 2007, 02:36 AM
I was driving up a hill yesterday (cars parked on both sides, but with spaces to pull in) and was about 7/8's of the way up when a 52 reg BMW Convertible came over the hill and didn't pull in to let me pass. He just stopped and I obviously had to stop aswell - we then sat there for 2 mins, him gesticulating that I should reverse (I thought you were supposed to give priority to cars coming up the hill....and also I was 7/8's of the way up.....). I eventually got out my car and got EVO magazine out the boot and started to read it - he then reversed. But left me very little space to get by...........

I just thought - you have so lived up to the reputation of BMW drivers -
And they probably wonder why I never let the out of junctions (unless they are fit (female)) :-)
That was quite funny actually, definatly a way to piss someone off with out being abusive

I agree with all the above.

Audi, Vauxhall Vectra type things, Volvo, Some pug estates, soccer wagons.

Worse thing of all Tossers in Vans which tailgate you when your in a line of traffic, and when your approaching stationary traffic they swerve to another lane thinking it will make the world of differnce to their arrival time or maybe because they are too close to be able to stop...

Trouble is i dont know if its pure arrogance or stupidity from not being aware of whats going on around them. I just laugh at them it, they must be pretty stupid if they cant apply common sense, or even basic highway code.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 AM

I notice that a lot of the time on the motorway it's a woman driver that is sitting in the outside lane when the other lanes are clear.

I've sat behind them on loads of occassions when they just won't pull in even when other drivers resort to undertaking them. It's not like I am right on their tail or anything causing them to perform some kind of defiant protest. I generally sit back and give them plenty time to pull over, it's just that they don't! Maybe it's a confidence thing, changing lanes and all that

EDIT:

As for 4x4 drivers, pricks the lot of them
Old 07-06-2007, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Liam,Jul 6 2007, 12:34 PM
Worse thing of all Tossers in Vans which tailgate you when your in a line of traffic, and when your approaching stationary traffic they swerve to another lane thinking it will make the world of differnce to their arrival time or maybe because they are too close to be able to stop...
Had one overtake me in a Hire van cause I was doing 37 in a 40.

I was about 50m behind the car infront, adn there is ALWAYS a traffic jam at the end of the road.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by russellhq,Jul 6 2007, 11:56 AM
I notice that a lot of the time on the motorway it's a woman driver that is sitting in the outside lane when the other lanes are clear.

I've sat behind them on loads of occassions when they just won't pull in even when other drivers resort to undertaking them. It's not like I am right on their tail or anything causing them to perform some kind of defiant protest. I generally sit back and give them plenty time to pull over, it's just that they don't! Maybe it's a confidence thing, changing lanes and all that

EDIT:

As for 4x4 drivers, pricks the lot of them
It's because they are gonna turn right.

Sometime before the nex MOT is due.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:38 AM

I think its a badge thing... see a porsche or ferrari, beemer and mercs people tend not to give it as soon as they see a jap badge and i'll take them on. I mean don't these ppl get it? All the Fast and the Furious series used modded jap cars and yet they'd still try it...why? I mean if european cars and white vans were so capable i would love to see them in a parallel series the Slow and the Dangerous

Thing about TDIs.. i was running passed a speed camera at around 50mph and a new golf TDI was beside me i kept in 6th thinking i would pull away slowly but the golf pulled away quicker...should have dropped to vtec.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:46 AM
ADP

I cant wait to get my M3, I intend to fly the beemer flag with:

no signals, sitting in the outside lane, certainly wont be letting anyone out of junctions and nor will I expect to be let in, I will also be parking in 2 slots and tailgating as many other sports cars as poss
Old 07-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ADP,Jul 6 2007, 03:46 PM

no signals, sitting in the outside lane, certainly wont be letting anyone out of junctions and nor will I expect to be let in, I will also be parking in 2 slots and tailgating as many other sports cars as poss
I am a very courteous driver in my S2000... BUT get me in my wife's 330 cab and I am a complete weapon

Seriously though, I have never really had an issue with people letting me out of junctions in either car. Maybe it's because my S is yellow and they all think I am tool without driving the beemer?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ADP,Jul 6 2007, 03:46 PM

That's because you are too damn poor to be able to afford to tick the boxes for teh indicators and mirrors or windows, having spent it all on leather & 19" alloys instead!

Quick Reply: Ppl in beemers