Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

VW Eos CC 2.0 TFSi Sport. Thoughts?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrittyShaker,Jun 15 2008, 05:12 PM
You know it makes sense. Guess she'll be joining this here forum before long then?

Oh, and full marks to B B for the most sarcastic post ever. Think you might have beaten Kelk with that one.
Oh please Do keep to the shallow end of the verbal paddling pool in case you have an accident

3 things wrong with your post there:

1) If I was at all concerned I'd retort with something that could put thos comments into a c0cked hat

2) There are 2 things I almost certainly won't ridicule - amounts of money people have if they are hard working and fears as everyone has them for a reason that is very valid and personal to them

3) I enjoy putting forth serious comments on items such as this thread.

MQ my comments on these hard top folding cars is that all too often it seems that the drivers forget that they have a car which can put its roof down. And for that they end up with extra weight and therefore fuel consumption, a higher COG so the handling isn't as good and generally actually seem to drive around a bit WAG-like.

I think your daughter could find another option, whether that be an S or anything, that fits more neatly into the bracket. What, for example, about an Audi A or S4 cab? It'll take the kids but I don't know the pricing.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:24 AM

WTF is your problem?

I made an innocent jovial comment and you waste all this time writing a scathing reply? Facking relax for Christ's sake.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:29 AM

No - wait a moment. You made comments about me being sarcastic which I never denied. I merely flatter your comments by responding in a sarcastic manner which by its very nature leads to joviality with no offence intended and then you take umbridge.

Perhaps my sarcastic comment about paddling pools was far more accurate than I had originally foreseen?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:32 AM

Ah OK. Didn't realise it was flattery. My apologies.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:42 AM

Received 637 Likes on 554 Posts

jesus.. this thread has been hijacked by a grittyfit and B B hopping on a high horse and having a whinge about money

i think all of these CC coupes are basically hairdresser cars.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW I went for a test drive in an EOS TDi with my wife when she was considering one and it's a nice car for what it is - a practical four seater drop-head.

I would suspect the vocal detractors of the EOS here haven't even driven one.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM

I don't like snide either. Some people on here make a speciality of it. I was a liitle offended by B Bs post.

I don't like CCs either or the image that they portray. True, they are mostly driven by a certain type of person who never retracts the roof for fear of ruffling their coiffure.

I'm really excited now that my daughter is getting an S. The car has changed my life and I've met some lovely people because of it. We're looking at two this week and her husband hopes he will have one to dress in ribbons for her birthday on Sunday.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 AM
UK Moderator

Received 305 Likes on 261 Posts

Havas has bought a lovely M3 convertible (now he is a proud father) and I konw he paid a lot less thatn
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM

Havas is one of my favourite people. So pleased for him that he is a dad and has got a lovely M3 convertible.

As you see above, Mini Q is joining the S2k fold lovegroova. Unfortunately she won't be accompanying me on your Druids run as planned as she is doing a triathlon on her birthday.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Jun 15 2008, 11:46 AM
Havas is one of my favourite people. So pleased for him that he is a dad and has got a lovely M3 convertible.

As you see above, Mini Q is joining the S2k fold lovegroova. Unfortunately she won't be accompanying me on your Druids run as planned as she is doing a triathlon on her birthday.
That was the right choice . Will done jnr Q

I agree about the nice people you get to meet with. Euro meet next year and the list is great .

Quick Reply: VW Eos CC 2.0 TFSi Sport. Thoughts?