Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Anyone know mikecl713? welll....

Old 11-29-2005, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like the wrong lugnuts were used and/or the wheel was not tightened enough.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone else want to comment on this? i sent the rims back to mike and still no money. would any locals offer to help?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:28 AM

man, you were only got for 560 bucks plus shipping both ways. Get your wheels back and sell them as you think they should be sold. Count your losses and consider it a lesson. Personally I would use them, but I would use anything. I'm a cheap whore! I sent a guy 900 bucks for the 6mt G35 wheels when they first came out. and never got them or my money back. I know this is a lot of money, but you shouldnt expect new wheels either. Surely if all these other guys could use them so could you. Best of Luck to you both. ~ DERICK
Old 12-01-2005, 03:37 PM

i wouldnt of sent them back without him sending the money back first. I'm assuming you had to send money to him before he shipped them, so why shouldnt he of sent the money back before you shipped them back to him.

At first i thought you were just beating a dead horse, but now that i see you had shipped the wheels back to him and still have not gotten your money back, yeah, somebody needs to pony up some cash, or get the wheels back and sell them to someone else.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by dp32185,Nov 30 2005, 11:44 AM
this has been a good while sorry for bringing this up, but i wanted to show you guys the picture. to refresh everyones' memories, note the lug holes. would you put these on your very own 30k car?

Sheit!

Those lug holes did NOT look like that when I sold the wheels to Mikecl713. The holes were perfectly round and fitted on my S2k perfectly. It looks like the wheels were used with loose nuts for a long time!

I did have some rubbing but only because I was using Azenis 245/245 17 tyres instead of the 245/35 recommended by tyre rack.

As far as the powder coating goes: I hand stripped the 4 coats put on by previous owners (original, satin, silver, chrome I think it was) down to the bare aluminium. I then painted two of them gunmetal and left the other two bare. It was the project I never finished before I moved back to OZ.. (and had to sell the S in the process)
Old 12-02-2005, 05:18 AM

i was told by several friends to just sell it off ebay and i shoudl get my money back if not most of it. however, knowing that these wheels are literallly ****ed up...and are not safe for you or your kids to ride in, i didn't want to be in mikeCL's position.

it's very true that mikeCL didn't even know that these holes were this much fvcked up...,but that's not my problem. Evidently, someone failed to examine these carefully for any flaws.

as for cheaping out? i bought these to use for auto-x or track days. not to brag, but i've had higher end rims on my S (sp1, le28n, te37- all brand new) so no...i didn't jump on these because they were dirt cheap. I did so because it was cheap AND it would suit my auto-x wants/needs. I sent the rims back FIRST hoping that mike would see it in person and possibly feel guilty enough to do something abotu it (either send the rims back, money back). I took the chances though...I was hoping he would take it in an adult fashion.

Now i have a bigger issue to deal and with detectives etc., UNNECESSARY process that i have to keep up with. if any of you carolina folks can track him down, let me know. I would like to discuss in detail through PM as it might contain some personal info. thanks
Old 12-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really think this issue has run it's course... I don't want to lock the thread because everyone should have the right to share their opinions and from what I've read...no one has made any personal attacks...so I gotta say...Good Job!

I'd like to share that I myself owned these rims at one time. I was the "2nd owner" after Rick Hesel originally purchased them. I later sold the rims to FF2Skip and then he sold them to Diego (cashout). I remember seeing them on Diego's S2000 and they looked great. Before Diego left for Aussie Land, he sold them to Mike and Mike had them powdercoated/repainted/whatever...and again, during a Carolina's meet, I saw the rims...AGAIN! And again, they looked to be in excellent shape. Now...I never removed them and looked at the lug holes...but the rims looked good to me.

I hate that this has happened and hope YOU and Mike can come to some resolution. Don't drag it out here...
Old 12-02-2005, 10:09 AM

you're insane...
you're not getting anymore money...
as far as i know you GOT your money back....
money has been taken out of my paypal account to your email address...
2nd, the tires has been taken off the wheels which were sent back unexpected so basically you paid 500 dollars for tires????.. cause i guess they were good...
3rd, you couldn't have been more patient and tried to work with me with your first complaint that the wheels do not fit... that shows me you can't be trusted because the wheels are made for the s2000. in the process gave me a bad name on the forums with your threads all over the website..

this could have been taken care of in a different fashion but all you did was dig yourself a hole... and as far as i know you'll only get deeper
Old 12-03-2005, 05:44 AM

i'm taking a different route. you can lock this thread, air gate.