Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Anyone with a new PSP yet?

Old 03-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone with a new PSP yet?

Just curious if anyone has purchased one yet. I am really considering one since I:

1) Always work
2) Have no life
3) Work a lot and can "play" during some downtime
4) Have no life
5) Work like crazy
6) Can maybe "play" when I have no work to do
7) Have no life

So...what are your thoughts (other than I need a new career).
Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend at work has an import version (so he could have it before they were released in the states). I only played with it briefly, but the display was very impressive in terms of color, resolution, size, etc. The graphics were quite good, as well (for a handheld).

So, I say go for it. It's certainly generating a lot of positive buzz. CNN called it "the biggest thing to happen to electronic gadgets since the AA battery". That's a bit of an overstatement, but it definitely seems like a solid device.

CNN Article
Old 03-22-2005, 09:02 AM

Some guy over at S2k Atlanta has it for sale. Here is the link:

http://www.s2katlanta.com/%7Es2katl/forum/...read.php?t=1372
Old 03-22-2005, 12:09 PM

$250 is a lot of change to drop for the latest fad with only a few decent titles.

On the other hand you can buy a new Gameboy SP for $80 with a ton of games out for it. Granted it doesn't come with a copy of Spiderman 2, but for hand-held gaming it's been the standard for years. I <3 my SP!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 PM

Raul,

I don't know about the PSP, but it definitely sounds like a career change is up for consideration...except (maybe) for all of those big bucks that you are earning...with all of the hours you are working !!!

Hmmm...what could the new career be???

GIGGILO...yeah...that's the ticket!!!! Far fewer hours, and great stress relief to boot !!!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Raul...do the PSP. Seriously, this will be a great option for you. For all your listed (and doubly-listed ) reasons...you need something portable to give you back your life. As for whether that portable-playtime should be PSP vs. GB-etal...the fact is Sony will absolutely dominate with the PSP. No fanboy here, so I don't mean to turn this into "Sony Rocks!"..."Nintendo Rulz" . Just that Sony has really targeted the fun-factor in their lil upcoming handheld. Great display, excellent developer/software backing. It *does* blow that the media is proprietary....but then again, that's true of any handheld on the market. Raul, you have the advantage because you are not already invested in any other gaming system period. You *will* get a PSP...you *WILL* become addicted to the stress-relief of gaming...and you WWIILL get another job (<-- just thought I'd try to sneak that'n in there ).

Know what?...As much as I don't exactly love 'em...you need to think about that New Bern Honda offer you gabbed about a couple years back. You *know* yer sheit with autos...you'd be *in* your element ( ELEMENT!!! ) ...you know what I mean . Definitely, you need a career change. . Until then tho'...get ya a PSP and find a way to enjoy what little life you have .

- Dave
Old 03-23-2005, 06:23 PM

Oh...and you'll only get PIGGY BANKS!!!! on a PSP . Still in development but Criterion promises the Burnout title for the PSP handheld.

The PSP launches in 4 hours!

Old 03-24-2005, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look/sound very cool, and you NEED a new toy, Raul!

The only drawback I see is that the games/DVDs are compatible with NOTHING else; so you'd be spending the $$$ for DVDs that could only run on the PSP.

Otherwise...very
Old 03-24-2005, 05:19 PM

Raul, you need to visit this site ...

http://www.sonypspspot.com/
Old 03-25-2005, 09:18 PM

got one

tiger woods golf is fun!

Quick Reply: Anyone with a new PSP yet?