Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Ariel Atom Experience

Old 05-26-2014, 03:31 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Ariel Atom Experience

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your interest in the VIR Driving Experience! We would love to have you come and enjoy the thrills of driving a fleet of race-prepped Ariel Atoms around the beautiful Virginia International Raceway!

Here is a quick breakdown of the VIR Driving Experience events (including pricing and event dates):

Half-Day Level 1 Price: $525/person (12 person max)

- Intro Classroom Session on Performance Driving and Safety

- Three 15 minute Sessions on VIR’s Patriot Course

- Care Package (Includes an Ariel Atom T-Shirt)

- $500 Credit towards the VIR Club Membership Initiation Fee

- On-Board HD Video Footage Available for Just $30/person

*All sessions are held in a lead/follow – drop/back format behind our dedicated Ariel Atom pace car driven by a professional driver (if you can keep up, you are doing well!)

The Half-Day Level 1 VIR Driving Experience is perfect for those with or without any performance driving or track experience. Virginia International Raceway’s 1.1 mile long Patriot course is very well suited for the Ariel Atom. You will experience first-hand, the nimbleness and acceleration that have made the Ariel Atom famous as you make your way through the Patriot course’s challenging tight corners, elevation changes and taunting straights. The Half-Day VIR Driving Experience events are available for morning (8am-12pm) or afternoon (1pm-5pm) sessions and are usually held on Fridays and Saturdays.

Full-Day Level 2 Price: $1,795/person (8 person max)

- Multiple Classroom Sessions on High Performance Driving, Advanced Car Control and Safety

- Four 20 minute Sessions on VIR’s 1.65 mile long South Course

- Two Afternoon Sessions are Controlled Opened Lapping Without the Use of Our Ariel Atom Pace Car

- One-on-One Instructor Debriefs

- Increased Pace from the Half-Day Events

- Care Package (includes an Atom T-Shirt)

- $750 Credit towards VIR’s Club Membership Initiation Fee

- TMI AutoTech, Inc. Factory Tour (See where and how the Atoms are built!)

- Optional HD Video Footage Available for just $50/person

The Full-Day Level 2 VIR Driving Experience program is well suited for graduates of our Half-Day program or those who have recent track experience. The faster South course allows you to really stretch the Atom’s legs down the front straight and will challenge you as you navigate through some tricky corners. Although, it is designed for graduates of the Half-Day events and/or more experienced drivers, this Full-Day event is open to anyone. The Full-Day events run from 9am until 4:30pm and are usually held once a month on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays.

Other than the fact that you will be driving one of the world’s quickest and most unique supercars, you will have the chance to drive on a great racetrack in a safe and controlled environment where you can push the limits of the vehicle…and yourself!

In addition to the highlight of driving an Ariel Atom; the VIR Driving Experience is very well formatted and run by motorsports professionals who have a passion for what they do. The sessions are well structured to provide an excellent flow to the day. It is safe to say that there is not a better way to thoroughly test drive a vehicle! That being said, we do not offer the VIR Driving Experience with any other vehicles than the Atom.

Another thing worth noting is that all you need to bring is just some comfortable shoes to drive in (driving shoes or narrow athletic shoes are best – no flip-flops or high heels). We will provide a full driving suit, driving gloves, balaclava (head sock for helmet), and a full-faced helmet.

VIR Driving Experience participants must know how to operate a manual transmission, hold a valid, non-restricted driver’s license, and be at least 18 years old. Participants must also be at least 5’2” tall (but no taller than 6’7”) and have a waist size less than 42”.

2014 Half-Day VIR Driving Experience Dates

Friday | Saturday

<s>April</s> <s>11[sup]th[/sup]</s> | <s>12[sup]th[/sup]</s>

May <s>16[sup]th[/sup]</s> | <s>17[sup]th[/sup]</s>

June 6[sup]th [/sup]* | 7[sup]th [/sup]**

July 18[sup]th[/sup] | 19[sup]th[/sup]

August 29[sup]th[/sup] | 30[sup]th[/sup]

September 5[sup]th[/sup] | 6[sup]th[/sup]

October 10[sup]th[/sup] | 11[sup]th [/sup]*

*Just a Few Spots Remaining for the Afternoon Session

**Afternoon Sessions are Sold Out

If you are interested in participating a Half-Day VIR Driving Experience, let me know which of these event dates would work best for you!

We are still working closely with VIR staff regarding the Full-Day Level 2 VIR-Driving Experience event dates in 2014. Due to several factors (mainly the major paving project), the number of Full-Day Level 2 VIR-DE events in 2014 will be very limited.

The first 2014 Full-Day Level 2 VIR-DE event dates are:

-Thursday, May 15th, 2014

-Monday, June 16th, 2014 (Sold Out)

-Monday, July 14[sup]th[/sup], 2014

-Thursday, August 14[sup]th[/sup], 2014

These events will need to be filled up before we can schedule/release any later dates. Also, keep in mind that there are only 8 spots available on each Full-Day Level 2 VIR-DE event.

I am looking at the probability of attending the September event

It would be great to have a bunch of S2000 guys caravan up and run the afternoon event.

Anyone???

VIR Driving Experience Gift Certificates

VIR-DE Gift Certificates are available for both the Half-Day and the Full-Day events! A gift certificate is a great option for those looking to give an experience to someone without having to worry about scheduling the event date.

Other VIR Amenities

Need a place to stay or eat? VIR has onsite lodging and dining available to better accommodate guests traveling from near and afar. Many people find staying overnight at the track and dining onsite to be very convenient, since they do not have to travel off site to find their hotel or search for food. Plus, waking up to the sound of motorsports is the perfect way to start your day! More information about the onsite lodging can be found by visiting the VIR Resort Website (http://virresort.com/lodging/) or by calling VIR Resort at 434.822.7700 ext 110.

The fleet of go karts at the Plantation Kart Track (located at VIR) are new and are equipped with 9.5hp Honda engines capable of speeds reaching 50mph. 12 years old and up are recommended. Closed-toe shoes, long sleeve shirts and long pants are required. Driving suits, helmets, balaclavas, gloves and safety neck collars are provided. More information about the Kart Track can be found by visiting the VIR Website (http://virnow.com/karting/) or by calling 434.822.2995.

VIR also has a world class skeet shooting range. VIR can/will supply the clay targets, ammo, and the shotgun (One 12 gauge Over/Under Shotgun available and three 20 gauge Over/Under Shotguns available). More information about Skeet Shooting at VIR can be found by visiting the VIR Resort Website (http://virresort.com/attractions/skeet-shooting/) or by calling Tommy Webb at 434.822.7700 ext 400.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Feel free to give me call at 434.822.9130 x 304 if you prefer to discuss your event details over the phone. I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Regards,

Graham HoweSales/Events

TMI AutoTech, Inc.

1025 Raceplex Road | Alton, VA | 24520

office: 434.822.9130 (Ext. 304)

fax: 434.822.9135

arielatom.com

drivevir.com

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.

I
Old 05-26-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I've looked at this before and although it sounds like fun, I can't justify the cost of even the half day course when a full track weekend driving your own car is less money.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like fun. but not 1800$ fun. I could do a track day in my car cheaper and have as much fun. would love to drive an ariel but not for that.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET
sounds like fun. but not 1800$ fun. I could do a track day in my car cheaper and have as much fun. would love to drive an ariel but not for that.
Same. I just paid $125 for a full day of track time with the S2k on Memorial Day
Old 05-27-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm unfortunately with everyone else. I can't justify the price, though I'm sure it would be a blast.

I drove by the exit for VIR the other day while traveling for work. I felt my car pulling towards the off-ramp as I passed, lol.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Five of us just did this a week ago Friday (5/16) and thought it was worth every cent! Pricey yes, but was worth saving for. The experience of driving the Ariel Atom was simply....fantastic. <still grinning>
Old 05-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smccoy
Five of us just did this a week ago Friday (5/16) and thought it was worth every cent! Pricey yes, but was worth saving for. The experience of driving the Ariel Atom was simply....fantastic. <still grinning>
How did it compare to a track weekend?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really want to do this but have all my money tied up in travel plans

Maybe next year for me.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Originally Posted by smccoy' timestamp='1401208921' post='23177219
How did it compare to a track weekend?
Shorter (obviously ); this is a 1/2 day, so you get only 3 sessions on the track. You're also on a portion of the track (Patriot Course) and not the full track, unless you spring for the all-day session.

Slower (at first), as the pace car keeps the first session conservative. 2nd session is faster and our 3rd session rocked! You have the pace car each time with the 1/2 day. The full day gives you some sessions without the pace car.

Its really about getting to drive the Atom; a normal track weekend is you in your car, getting better and faster with each session. Same here, but the car is totally different. Like a go-cart on steriods; lots of steroids. The response in acceleration and handling was amazing. The brakes don't respond as quickly or as hard as ours, as there's no power brakes. Makes for some rather "thrilling" driving, as you're much faster than the S but don't brake as quickly.

They do provide lunch, water and snacks. And a t-shirt. Don't forget your $500 t-shirt!