Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Cars & Coffee Charlotte getting shut down

Old 02-03-2014, 07:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
I appreciate your honesty on this. <snip>

Yeah of course. I'm definitely guilty of driving a little spirited on occasion, but certainly not in traffic and definitely not racing others.

I've definitely been one of those people naming/shaming the people acting like idiots, and had to defend from a barrage of disparaging remarks from others who aren't "car people" and it's a never-ending struggle to get them to understand. I can only imagine what things would be like if an S2000 was directly involved in a collision like that. I agree for sure that responsible Mustang owners (especially newer dark blue 5.0 owners) in the area are extremely upset right now. It's not fair that the stigma gets shared like that, but it is what it is.

Maybe I didn't push the guy's gas pedals down for them, but to the 3rd party or casual observer I'm sure I appeared guilty by association. I'm hoping you guys don't feel the same. The guys on here that know me better know that that's assuredly not my MO.

I really hope that the coordinator finds another venue along with a better way to police this stuff. I realize that it's logistically very difficult, but it needs to be done. The really telling video in my opinion is the one from January:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i4Fq51QCuvc[/media]

For every one of those guys cutting up, we should be pulling plate #'s and asking them to never come back.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's ridiculous. Sadly, it's bound to happen as it gets warmer. Here in Wilmington, we have a police presence to some small extent, but it helps. Hopefully that's none of you being mentioned.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

If CLT C&C does get kicked out of the venue it would be pretty disappointing. I attended a C&C there once, back in August I think. Awesome location for that sort of thing. However, I honestly could not believe how many people would do burn outs as they were leaving. AT the time I thought to myself, this is really stupid and how is it that this is allowed to go on?

I'd never seen any level of hooliganism like that at the Raleigh C&C. Yeah people at Raleigh's love to rev their engines, and some give it a fair amount of throttle when going down the main exit road out to Tryon Road, but I've never heard or seen anyone doing burnouts or even squealing tires. I suppose it helps that Cary usually positions a few cops in their cars out on Tryon Road just waiting to bust any idiots that decide to do a bit of dragging.

I was at C&C Raleigh this past Saturday and while I thought there was more engine revving than usual, it really wasn't a big deal (at least while I was there from 830-1030). Was that M5 owner that was trashing talking you the one with the matte silver (?) paint job?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Was that M5 owner that was trashing talking you the one with the matte silver (?) paint job?
Not sure, but I don't think so. This was over at Carolina Ale House and I never actually saw his M5 (big surprise there). He and his 'posse' were just walking through the parking lot towards the restaurant. He was a big white guy, blond hair, and an extremely idiotic/thuggish/low_IQ diction. I think I've seen that m5 owner post on nceuro, and usually the guys over there are somewhat decent

I think it's very true that the police presence at Waverly keeps the idiocy to a minimum....thankfully.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
I appreciate your honesty on this. <snip>

Yeah of course. I'm definitely guilty of driving a little spirited on occasion, but certainly not in traffic and definitely not racing others.

I've definitely been one of those people naming/shaming the people acting like idiots, and had to defend from a barrage of disparaging remarks from others who aren't "car people" and it's a never-ending struggle to get them to understand. I can only imagine what things would be like if an S2000 was directly involved in a collision like that. I agree for sure that responsible Mustang owners (especially newer dark blue 5.0 owners) in the area are extremely upset right now. It's not fair that the stigma gets shared like that, but it is what it is.

Maybe I didn't push the guy's gas pedals down for them, but to the 3rd party or casual observer I'm sure I appeared guilty by association. I'm hoping you guys don't feel the same. The guys on here that know me better know that that's assuredly not my MO.

I really hope that the coordinator finds another venue along with a better way to police this stuff. I realize that it's logistically very difficult, but it needs to be done. The really telling video in my opinion is the one from January:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i4Fq51QCuvc[/media]

For every one of those guys cutting up, we should be pulling plate #'s and asking them to never come back.
Looked like mustang week at myrtle.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

What gets me is that there is basically zero skill involved in roll racing or doing a burnout...just push the skinny pedal. Sure it's mildly interesting to see how different cars stack up but IMO not worth the hassle and expense of a ticket for 10 seconds of gratification. If you want to drive like a jackass, come to the track with me
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
zero skill involved in roll racing or doing a burnout...
this guy wins
Old 02-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by humbucker87
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k' timestamp='1391451568' post='22996748
Was that M5 owner that was trashing talking you the one with the matte silver (?) paint job?
Not sure, but I don't think so. This was over at Carolina Ale House and I never actually saw his M5 (big surprise there). He and his 'posse' were just walking through the parking lot towards the restaurant. He was a big white guy, blond hair, and an extremely idiotic/thuggish/low_IQ diction. I think I've seen that m5 owner post on nceuro, and usually the guys over there are somewhat decent

I think it's very true that the police presence at Waverly keeps the idiocy to a minimum....thankfully.
I know the owner of the matte silver M5 and he's a stand up guy--mature owner and not one to trash-talk S2000s. I wonder who this other M5 guy was. Was his an F10 or an E60? (I hate to imagine an E39 owner acting like that.)

I wasn't at the Raleigh meet this Saturday, but over the past several months, I've been noticing more and more cars revving and peeling out when people leave. I think most people are aware of the cops on the median just down Tryon, but it still doesn't stop some people from hauling ass and fishtailing down that side road into the plaza.

Sometimes, I wish they would get some sort of comeuppance for being so reckless. Imagine wiping out on that side road. You have the potential to damage both property and people. At best, your ego is hurt. At worst, a person is. What if that blue Mustang collided with another car? What if that car had a kid in it?

C&C has already been kicked out of Brier Creek and I would hate to see it happen again at Waverly Place. As S2000 owners, it is incumbent upon us to do our part and demonstrate some maturity and not act like asshats. We do a good job of that in Raleigh, and I hope it's the same in Charlotte. I don't think any one of us here wants our beloved car to be associated with this kind of behavior.

With that said, the drivers participating in the douchebaggery on 277 (not you Dreaming_S2k!) should consider getting another car if they need that kind of ego stroking. May I suggest a Mustang?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:01 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, it's officially official:

http://forum.carsand...ed-Indefinitely

Words cannot describe how frustrated I am. This was my absolute favorite meet of all time due to eclectic variety of cars, mature (generally speaking) crowd, and awesome community of fellow s2000 owners.

Originally Posted by ofsalesmen
(not you Dreaming_S2k!)

I very much appreciate you being delicate. I've been very concerned that people will attribute some of the blame to me. I certainly hope not.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:00 PM

The reason s2000's are getting a bad rep is due to kids being able to afford one. So is old folks suffer the consequences of the younger generation. Don't get me wrong I was young and dumb once too. Evan not directing any of this at you, your old as dirt too. Maybe we should start our own c&c for a select small group. I don't mind being in charge and telling a person that they are not welcome because they are an idiot. Anyways sucks that it's cancelled and I guess the Charlotte crew will either head south or north if we want to attend a cars n coffee meet.

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Charlotte getting shut down