Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Charlotte Area Labor Day Weekend?

Old 08-14-2003, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Area Labor Day Weekend?

Hey guys, I was thinking about checking out the Charlotte NC area earlier than the Dragonball event in my 2002 Kia Rio! I have four days off during Labor Day and was wondering if anything is going on?

I'm looking at moving into The Crossings area as my company has an office there. Any input on that area? It would be about 5-6 miles from where I'd work, providing they have an opening when I can move. I do have an interview set up for the Dragonball Run weekend trip, but am kind of anxious to check out the area. Is Labor Day a good weekend to scope things out?

How many of you Carolinas people are actually within the Charlotte area? Are we going to be able to have any meets, drives, happy hours, ect. in the Charlotte area?

Old 08-14-2003, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey tidalwave, and welcome! I'll be out of town Labor day weekend, but it should be a great time to get to know the area. I'm not familiar with The Crossings, so I can't tell you right now about nearby areas. Feel free to PM me or post more info here.

I work downtown, so if you're here during the week and would like to meet for lunch somewhere, send me an email at smccoy@reveregroup.com. Regardless, I think you'll love it here!
Old 08-14-2003, 06:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccoy
[B]Hey tidalwave, and welcome!
Old 08-14-2003, 06:47 PM

Actually, we are having a party on Aug. 30th. and I was planning on issuing an open invitation to all of you. Nothing would please me more than having a driveway full of s2000s!

The party is August 30th at 7:30 and if you would like to make it a meet let me know. There are a few fun roads not too far that we could cruise around before the festivities begin.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Huskergirl
[B]Actually, we are having a party on Aug. 30th. and I was planning on issuing an open invitation to all of you. Nothing would please me more than having a driveway full of s2000s!
Old 08-15-2003, 04:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a 24-hour AutoX down in Fort Mill. It starts at noon on Saturday and ends at noon on Sunday. I'll miss it, as I always go camping over Labor Day weekend.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:40 PM

I 'might' be around, though I have no idea this far in advance. In fact, when is labor day?

Hey Husker...where are those twisties around charlotte? I live on E. Harris near Independence down on the south east side and I'm always looking for a good road. Fill me in, if you can. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:20 PM

I'm pretty sure my wife and I will be there late Friday afternoon on 8/29. Anyone for sure free to do anything while we are up there?
Old 08-17-2003, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come to charlotte

i'll be moving there in a few weeks. if anyone wants to help me move in, let me know
Old 08-17-2003, 09:30 AM

bridow, where do you live now? I was looking at your website and all the event/photos were from Charlotte and NC.

Also, aren't there any Spas in Charlotte? I've looked at some of the past meets and haven't seen any Spas. I'd hate to have the only one up there.

Two spas are better than one....

Looks like my wife an I will leave Tampa on 8/29 sometime around 7am. Hope to be in Charlotte maybe around 3pm. If there's anything you guys are doing or any ideas you have for places we need to see, please let me know. We aren't brining up the S2K since I don't want to put the miles on it, plus, we are bringing our pug with us.

Quick Reply: Charlotte Area Labor Day Weekend?