Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Coming to Greensboro, NC for three days

Old 01-14-2005, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Coming to Greensboro, NC for three days

Hi guys and gals,

I will be in Greensboro from Tuesday to Thursday this coming week for business. If there are any cool places you can recommend me, please feel free to post here.

I will be staying in the Embassy Suites near the Piedmont Triad International Airport.

I wish I would have my S with me , so that I can drive around to see the beauty of NC.

Happy motoring!

Old 01-14-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, i live 15 minutes away from the airport... i suppose it really depends on what you are meaning by "cool" places. If you like to drink cold beer and watch sports games then JP Looneys is about 5 minutes up the road, they spent about 80k in TVs for this new sportsbar in High Point. I guess it depends on what kind of places you are looking for and I could try and point some places out for you.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 198 Likes on 138 Posts

Welcome to Gboro, there will now be like 5 S owners here! (at least for a few days) I just moved here, so I'm not to familiar with the place though, sorry.

btw Dolemike, what are some good places to go drive an S in Greensboro?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dolemike,Jan 14 2005, 12:08 PM
Yea, i live 15 minutes away from the airport... i suppose it really depends on what you are meaning by "cool" places. If you like to drink cold beer and watch sports games then JP Looneys is about 5 minutes up the road, they spent about 80k in TVs for this new sportsbar in High Point. I guess it depends on what kind of places you are looking for and I could try and point some places out for you.
Cool, I like sportsbar. At least there is something to see while I am having dinner by myself .

I hate going solo on business trip. It sucks!
Old 01-14-2005, 09:45 AM

'Hoth,

I live down in Asheboro (about 35 min away from the airport area)...maybe some of the area guys/girls, could hook up with you on one of the evenings that you will be here. We could meet a fellow s2ki'er, and you wouldn't have to eat alone...at least one night

The weather is supposed to cool down here next week, with night temps in the low 30's...so a top down ride might not be in order.

If something like that sounds interesting to you, then let us know and we'll see what we can arrange.

Have a safe flight!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:41 AM

Im always up for meeting fellow S2ki'ers, if you want I can meet you at JP Loonies or pick you up at the Embassy Suites whenever.

Saki, GT... I know some excellent country roads around here that are reminescent (sp?) of the Dragon. Usually not that many cars on the road so cutting up a little bit isnt too risky. I couldnt tell you off the top of my head the street names to get to them so best bet is we meet up and I take you to them. Ill have to get my brakes done and my o2 sensors installed (still driving with both bad... no VTec'ing in past 3-4 weeks= no fun). But I hope to have all that taken care of in the next week. Plus, we will need a warm day so the tires can get sticky, ending up in a cow pasture is not my idea of fun.

You all just let me know whats up!
Old 01-14-2005, 11:29 AM

You guys are great! I am thinking of Tuesday night. PM me or post here if you are interested.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:10 PM

'Hoth,

Tuesday night would work for me!

Any other Greensboro area s2ki'ers want to join in for a mini meet and eat...????

If so, then just post here, and we can make final decisions by the first of the week.

Let's show 'The Hoth' some good ol' NC hospitality !
Old 01-14-2005, 12:18 PM

Ill be up for it depending on time and location!
Old 01-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Received 198 Likes on 138 Posts

Yeah, if I'm in town next week, a mini-meet would be fun.

Quick Reply: Coming to Greensboro, NC for three days