Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Dyno near Durham?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno near Durham?

I want to get my car dyno'd with the Invidia exhaust on and then again after I install my new HKS. I would prefer one that is pretty cheap, just maybe 3 pulls with each exhaust. I also prefer one that can do well with correction factors in case I can't get the dynos done on the same day (Invidia in the AM, HKS in the afternoon after I install it).

Any recommendations? I also want to get my car weighed. Any of you Autox people know of a place, preferably free?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:23 PM
T K

There are a few local places that can dyno.

If you want Durham for sure I would say Staples Automotive they are near where 85 hits 70, if you are willing to go to Raleigh I would go to Mayhem Motorsports (I have known them for quite some time).

Digital Chassis in Durham maybe able to do the corner weights as well. If you just want it weighed like normal, hit up the dump, it will probably cost a few bucks though ,or a truck stop with scales.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I use the dyno at Carolina Automasters on a regular basis, the guys up there are awesome.

they have scales and such also.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:57 PM
T K

How can you say CAM is awesome? Well maybe using their dyno is fine, but no way in **** I would ever let them tune or drive any of my cars.

Jeff Creech is a ****** moron. Search LS1Tech about him or HPJ, they have even totaled customers cars before, and blown more up than I can count.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

You can find people bitching about every shop there is online. Jeff has always treated me and my customers good. All the cars that I see come out of there work good.

The op needs a dyno and scales. They have both and I'm sure they will let him do or assist in the adjustments
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM
T K

You don't have to try to search, I have had many personal close friend get ****ed by Jeff and his shop over the years, the stories out of his shop you do not have to look hard online for. Go to most local car meets with the FBody crews and they will all tell you their personal stories. With you being in the tuning world so much here, I would think you would have heard more personal stories from the locals.

Here is one person with no searching, I know the thread from when the event happened

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvett...eff-creech.html

I just would hate to see anybody on this site or anybody get screwed by his shop, so here are a few more threads. I wouldn't get on his dyno if he let me tune my car on it myself and let me have the dyno time for free.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/southern-mem...utomasters.html

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378395

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=18914

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75979
Old 05-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Banned

I dont know what to tell you man.. most of those threads are over 2 years old and the employees that were apart of those threads no-longer work there.

I have bad stories from every shop i have ever been involved with. When a shop does alot business and has a high turnover of employees (which most shops seem to have, its rare that one shop has the same guys there a long time) bad things are going to happen, shits going to blow up.

The only man that has made no mistakes is the man that has never done anything.

There is no need to argue this here.

From MY personal experience the guys that are there NOW are great to work with, I wouldnt have any problems dropping my car off there for work. Once my car is back together Ben will be fabing up a custom header and exhaust for me, which hopefully we can put into production.