Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Eastern North Carolina MEET!

Old 10-04-2001, 04:26 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eastern North Carolina MEET!

Folks:

Preliminary planning for the First annual S2000 Eastern North Carolina meet is ON!

I plan on having this event in March of 2002! Great time to be in Eastern NC! The weather would have just started to warm a little and we are all bound to be dying to break our tops off!

So this will be the "OFFICIAL" thread for a Coastal Meet!

Let's conjure up some ideas. . .anything from roads to travel, sights to see, etc. . .

We can make this a great event! And, BTW. . .I am not out trying to break any records for attendance! As was learned in Knoxville during the DragonBall Run, less is more. . .

Something like that at any rate!

So let's GO!
Old 10-05-2001, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm there!! Southern Pines might be a good location, central to both the Carolinas and has some nice roads with horse farms. Great golf too. Let me know if you'd like more info and I'll get it.
Old 10-05-2001, 06:37 PM
Former Moderator

I am thinking that we can do a Coastal Run. . .something near the Atlantic coast with some scenic shots and perhaps some stops along the way at beaches and lighthouses. This meet would be nothing like the Dragon as there are no roads on the coast that can compare!

Souther Pines seems more inland but may be an alternative. . .perhaps you can peak my curiosity in this location!

Great to see you are in Wilmington! You and I need to meet up sometime to discuss an Eastern Carolina Chapter! We really need a strong club following. . .something like the Atlanta crowd would be AWESOME!
Old 10-06-2001, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by MyBad
I'm there!! Southern Pines might be a good location, central to both the Carolinas and has some nice roads with horse farms. Great golf too. Let me know if you'd like more info and I'll get it.
My folks live in Southern Pines! I'd already have a place to stay!
Old 10-06-2001, 05:11 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by AgS2K

My folks live in Southern Pines! I'd already have a place to stay!
Great! We'll headquarter the event there!
Old 10-06-2001, 06:28 PM

Eastern NC. That is what about 4 hours or so from Charlotte? Maybe 5? I am sure that I could swing a vacation in there since my trip to London next week might be canceled.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:14 AM

airgate, you have pm.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:59 AM

How about meeting at Beaufort (Cape Lookout lighthouse nearby)and driving north on 70. Could even go over to Ocracoke Island and Hatteras via ferry. Historic lighthouse, wild ponies and great restaurants at Ocracoke, lighthouse at Hatteras. April is a great time to go. Although still a little cool in the mornings, we should beat the arrival of the mosquitoes!!
Old 10-08-2001, 08:40 AM

Maybe we could answer the burning question of how many S2000's can fit on the Okie ferry! That would be a cool picture. My wife has never been to the Outer Banks, so a trip there is on our "list" so I am sure if we can work out a date I can be there.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:35 AM
Former Moderator

Sounds great! That's exactly what I've got in mind for the event! A great drive. . .mostly scenic! Nice work MyBad!

stbrnd: We definately need to "hook" you up this time. . .sorry about the DragonBall Run being on such short notice! The outer banks surely are a sight to see!

Quick Reply: Eastern North Carolina MEET!