Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Graveyards and Fireplugs, an S2000 TSD Rally - November 2nd

Old 09-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is it. The 1st T.S.D. (Time, Speed, Distance) Rally is on for the S2000 Community. I am very excited to announce the plans for our very 1st event of this kind. Anna (my wife) and I completed the rally this past Sunday and we had an absolute BLAST. Really an excellent way to spend some time with a loved one.

In a nutshell, this TSD Rally will be in the New Bern area. Official directions will be provided before you actually set out to drive. Please take the time to visit the link attached to learn more on TSD Rallies.

http://www.scca.com/amateur/roadrally/index.html

This TSD Rally, titled "Graveyards and Fireplugs" will be a SOP (Seat of the Pants) rally. That being said, it's pretty official but pretty laid back at the same time. John Wollerton, our Rally Master has been competing in TSD Rallies since the mid-to-late 60's. He is very experienced and a wonderful resource. He has invested many hours in the hopes that we will enjoy the art of TSD Rallying. Anna and I are surely hooked. We really had an excellent time.

Here are the plans. The event is scheduled for November 2nd. We will meet at the New Bern SunCom store (my office). Because this event is on a Sunday, the store will be closed and we will have complete run of the grounds. We will have an S2000 cook-out to start the event. Around 11am or so, we'll start the grill. The rally is set to start at 1pm. So this will give plenty of time for folks to arrive.

Oh, yeah. . .one really important thing.

You'll have to bring a navigator, guest, passenger, another human being with you. It's not recommended, it's required. This may be the most challenging part of the event. However, I don't think folks will struggle to get another person to tag along. It's going to be GREAT.

The registration fee for this event is $15. A fairly modest fee that will cover the cook-out lunch, trophies for the winners and attendee plaques/magnets for every participant. This is not a "For Profit" event. That being said, if any extra money is left over, it will be given back to you after the event.

To register for this event, please post your intentions here with this thread. Then mail your registration fee of $15 along with your NAME, SCREEN NAME and RETURN ADDRESS on a sheet of paper to:

SunCom
ATTN: Raul Alvarez
2410 Dr. MLKing Jr. Blvd.
New Bern, NC 28562

Once your registration fee is received, a packet of information with a full itinerary and directions will be mailed to you.

List of Participants for "Graveyards and Fireplugs!"
  • airgate + Anna
  • MyBad + JagLady Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
  • VFROOOM + BeemerBabe Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
  • zoooom + 1 Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
  • cashout + 1 Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
  • Stealth2000 + 1 Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
  • ArtnZen + MX5Man Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
  • ricosuave + 1 Payment Received and Info Mailed on 10/28
Old 09-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Former Moderator

BTW, this event is geared for S2000's *BUT* is also OPEN to other makes and models. Only requirement is that they remain a TWO DOOR and ONLY TWO PASSENGERS. Hopefully Mikey will bring his new MINI CooperS! Seriously.

I'm going to invite Mayor Bayliss to attend with his Lingenfelter Vette or Shelby Series 1. Certainly would love to see those fine automobiles in motion.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:07 AM

How late do you expect things to go that Sunday? I don't think I'll have any vacation left to be able to take that Monday off. Sounds like a fun event, so I won't miss it, though. Now -- I just need to find a cute co-pilot.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by airgate
[B]BTW, this event is geared for S2000's *BUT* is also OPEN to other makes and models.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:12 PM

[B].....Really an excellent way to spend some time with a loved one.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[B]Only requirement is that they remain a TWO DOOR and ONLY TWO PASSENGERS.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by MyBad

btw, The cookout is a GREAT idea. Burgers? Chickens? Dogs?
Exactly.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:44 PM

hmm... sounds interesting... Do you mind if I pass this information along to the miata and British car club guys and girls?

Jeff
Old 09-05-2003, 11:06 AM

How long will this rally last since it is being held on Sunday???
Old 09-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by Portland
How long will this rally last since it is being held on Sunday???
It's a secret. Seriously, that can't really be disclosed. I will share that the rally is no more than 4 hours. Remember that we end the rally with dinner (again, unable to share location). When (IF) you finish the rally, you'll receive additional instructions to meet at the dinner locale.

Quick Reply: Graveyards and Fireplugs, an S2000 TSD Rally - November 2nd