Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Hanging Rock State Park Drive

Old 08-21-2010, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Hanging Rock State Park Drive

I decided to do a drive arround Hanging Rock State Park next ***sunday***.

The roads up there look very nice and I have not stretched the legs of the S in a while. I have never driven up there, so I plan on keeping a gentle, enjoyable pace that anyone should feel comfortable following.

Anyone interested in the drive is welcome to join. The only place I have found with parking space to meet at is what appears to be a Shopping Mall on Summit Square Blvd., right by University Pkwy., north of Winston-Salem, NC. There is also a Lowe's store (5901 UNIVERSITY PKY WINSTON SALEM, NC 27105) adjacent to the parking lot.

I expect to be there by 1:30pm. We could meet, do the drive, and then hit Applebees (right by Lowe's) to share points of view about the experience.

See you arround.

Pedro
Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts

Good luck - lots of great roads up there. I am planning to do something come the fall up there like GoldenEagle used to run. Check the great drives sticky for his routes.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Aug 22 2010, 01:35 PM
Good luck - lots of great roads up there. I am planning to do something come the fall up there like GoldenEagle used to run. Check the great drives sticky for his routes.
Cool, thanks.

Keep me posted.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pedro how have ya been. Wish I could go but I'll be getting back from VIR Friday night!! I'm excited well be running full course. And the grand course!! Get a roll bar pedro so u can come!! I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Hope to see u soon.
Nick
Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by nickp,Aug 22 2010, 01:58 PM
Pedro how have ya been. Wish I could go but I'll be getting back from VIR Friday night!! I'm excited well be running full course. And the grand course!! Get a roll bar pedro so u can come!! I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Hope to see u soon.
Nick
Doing ok. Been away from the boards for a little while. A roll bar has been on my wish list for a long time, but it's not going to happen for a while. What event are you running Nick?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:03 AM

I'll be running with track daze. It's this Thursday and Friday. 5 run groups and a garenteed 2 hrs track time a day. And it's priced right. Check out the website if you haven't heard of them. Trackdaze.com
Old 08-22-2010, 10:21 AM

They are running Grand East on friday! Do you know if they are allowing parade laps on friday? I would drive up there just for that.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:11 PM

I'm not sure if they do Parade laps pm me your info if they do I'll call ya when I get their to let ya know I'm trailiering up wed night gunna try and tech my car so I don't have to wait in line Thursday morning.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by nickp,Aug 22 2010, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure if they do Parade laps pm me your info if they do I'll call ya when I get their to let ya know I'm trailiering up wed night gunna try and tech my car so I don't have to wait in line Thursday morning.
That would be great! Send me a text msg. PM sent.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:04 PM

its a fun drive up and down hanging rock, i may try and make it out if i finish installing coilovers on my friends car in time.

Quick Reply: Hanging Rock State Park Drive