Carolinas A Better Place to Be

hmm. i had a thought that would be pretty cool

Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm. i had a thought that would be pretty cool

i was looking at all the posts and noticed the homecoming meet they had in California. i saw that people all over the west coast went and was wondering why cant we have a badass homecoming meet on teh east coast?? what do you guys think? im not talking just the carolinas, im talking plan ahead, like sometime in next spring, and have a huge meet, somewhere in the NC mountains or something?? it will be great weather and everyone can put it down on there calender, becaue i know some people especially if there driving from states over, will need to know in advance. But a huge meet. my goal will be over 100+ s2000's up there. maby have some vendors and giveaways like they had. so would anyone be up for helping me plan the event?? people would have to register in advance, and we would need to find some place that had plenty of hotels around. so anyone up for tryign to put something teogether? I think it would be a great idea!!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:27 AM

That would be amazing! We already have the Wake the Dragon and Fall Colors events over here so idk how much interest in a homecoming we could generate. I know the WTD event usually generates around 200-300 cars.

I saw the homecoming thread and about cried that I couldn't make it Looks like a once in a lifetime experience, not to mention kickass door prizes from vendors
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 AM

^thats exactly what i was thinking. if we could get enoughf people to help out. we could all meet somewhere this month adn try to get this thing planed out, becaue were going to need quite a few vendors to get everyone excited. so lets see if any more people would liek to help us plan and we could try to all get teogether.

so shoot me a pm if you would like to help plan it! especially if you know people at shops over here that do s2000 related stuff, and we could see if we could get them involved as well! i will make a list of the ones willing to help set it up and around the end of this month early next month we could meet and try to get this set up!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Its called Wake the Dragon. We do it every year. Before the Homecoming last year it was the largest.

You will need an experienced staff, sponsors and a lot of capital (10-20K minimum) ahead of time just to get something like that off the ground. Not saying it couldn't be done but... it wouldn't be easy.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 AM

^o yea. hmm. i dont really know. jsut a thought. but when is the next wake the dragon??
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MULDER,Oct 9 2009, 10:04 AM
Its called Wake the Dragon. We do it every year. Before the Homecoming last year it was the largest.

You will need an experienced staff, sponsors and a lot of capital (10-20K minimum) ahead of time just to get something like that off the ground. Not saying it couldn't be done but... it wouldn't be easy.
I was thinking the same thing.

I would be more in to trying to push Wake the Dragon over the top. More sponsors, more S2ks, etc. Maybe even a little east coast/west coast rivalry for the best S2Ki event.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

WTD is in April. We did that one year... in 07. Largest turn out. Pushed hard, advertised hard.. got a lot of sponsors and 200+ cars. That took 7 of us working night and day for 7 months to plan it.

Talk to Raul if you are serious. There are just more S2Ks in California than in the south east as a whole and from experience.... a gathering that big is a logistical nightmare.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 203 Likes on 140 Posts

On the East Coast we have Wake the Dragon, Dragonball, Fall Colors, and the Florida Super Meet. There's also S2k Days with S2kca - I think that's a super meet in Asheville this spring. We used to have the South East Super meet, but that's died out.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM

Also, the Homecoming was held at Honda USA which is headquartered in CA.That was the whole purpose of the event, that and to meet the designer of the S2K. It was very much like the Homecoming event BMW has at their HQ in SC
Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM

Isn't the SESM pretty big?

Quick Reply: hmm. i had a thought that would be pretty cool