Carolinas A Better Place to Be

NC Dyno Day

Old 02-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by funsdead

wrong it's here in Raleigh I believe
Thanks Dan. Yes, right outside of Raleigh. Sorry about not mentioning that in my repsonse to you Eric.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... I may wait and go to the True Blue dyno day then. I am eager to see what I can turn now with my new catless J's Racing N1 exhaust!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:49 AM

Any S2000's going to this dyno day? I don't live too far from Cary so I think I will at least show up. Unless my plugs get here today I won't be able to get any runs in.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:07 AM

Yep, I'm probably gonna swing by. What time are you going?
Old 03-07-2003, 10:11 AM

I will be showing up to Eurospeed around **Edit**2:30**Edit**. There are about 8 cars slotted and they expect more to show that day for some runs. I will bring the camera and take a few pics. Hope to catch up with you Funsdead. I want to see your car before someone buys your Airwalker stuff.

-Eric
Old 03-07-2003, 12:18 PM

Eric I am scheduled to get my spugen exhaust put on Sat at 10:00, I will try to come by.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Former Moderator

I called (and emailed) the folks at True Blue. Seems they no longer have a Dyno and the guy I spoke with said it was a long story (whatever that means).

However, he gave me the number to a shop by the name of Carolina Auto Masters. I tried calling them and the number only rings once then I get a fast busy. I'll keep trying but the folks at True Blue said this Carolina Auto masters Shop is new and very nice with a full Dyno system.

For those of you taking advantage of the one tomorrow, please take some pics.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:51 PM

As far as Carolina Auto Masters, I went there for a dyno day with the Carolina Corvette Club last December to get a baseline. The shop is a few blocks off of 147 just before downtown Durham. I don't know how new the place is, but I got screwed on my dyno time.

I paid $50-60, I don't remember the exact amount, for 3 runs on the dyno. The guy who ran the place was more interested in getting his money than giving people proper time. I had a whopping 45 seconds between my second and third runs, and 90 seconds between runs 1 and 2. It was ridiculous. Get'em on and get'em out. He didn't even give me an A/F reading. My neighbor took his Supra and had the same complaints. The guy who ran the day (I am assuming the owner) ran all the cars on the dyno. I know some people prefer to do the dyno run themselves. He stalled out both my car and the other S2000 that was there.

In early Feb. I went to a dyno day in Greensboro with the Supra club and had a much better experience. I believe the shop in Greensboro was Turbo Tune US, Ltd. on S. Chapman St. The owner was very helpful (telling us where we could buy some ice to cool the car between runs) and knowledgeable about the runs. He is the one that identified my ignition problem. The day had two different prices based on the amount of time you wanted on the dyno. $100 got you a full hour and as many pulls as you wanted for tuning purposes. He wasn't tight on time and I ended up getting almost an hour and a half time, as did just about everyone who wanted the hour. $50 bought 3 pulls, but you were given time to cool between runs.

**Edit** P.S.-There is a picture of my car on the dyno in Greensboro in the new Charlotte Zaino thread. You can even get a glimpse of the back of my bald head in the driver's seat **Edit**
Old 03-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Former Moderator

Thanks for the info Eric.

Looks like we'll avoid Carolina Auto Masters.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:00 PM

WHOA... I wasnt getting emails about this post & there were a lot of replies!! AcePrince gotz pm... late,but sent!!

Alright... yea... True blue people are cool. I havent been to their new shop, yet. I wonder if they have tuned any Hondas... & you say they dont have their dyno anymore?? whoa

Hope to see you all out there tomorrow. Bring the digi cams!!

Whoa... actually, see you in a couple of hours Sleepy.

www.eurospeedperformance.com for directions & such

Pete

Quick Reply: NC Dyno Day