Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Need body shop in Columbia

Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need body shop in Columbia

Hey guys, my S got beaten up by falling tree limbs last saturday. I filed a claim, and they want to do PDR on most of the panels (fine with me) and respray the hood. Anyone know a good shop they'd trust for this kind of work? I've used Galeana for my Jeep, and they did a good job, but was wondering if there was anyone who'd be better for the S2000.

On another note, Traveler's claim service BLOWS. I'm probably going to switch my auto (2 vehicles) and homeowners to another carrier once this is all over with. They sent out an estimator who didn't agree with the biggest damage on the vehicle and essentially called me a liar. I know my car very well after claybarring it a couple weeks ago, and pointed out every pre-existing dent, and there was NO damage to my rear bumper before the tree limbs. He tried to use the excuse that "they're going to fix a lot of these dents that were probably not caused by the tree". Well I'm not asking for that, its just a byproduct of PDR fixing up to 5 dents per panel for one price. I just want my vehicle restored to the condition it was before the damage.

Let's just say that they're hassling the wrong guy. I work for a Property & Casualty carrier, and I know how the system works. If this isn't taken care of properly soon, they'll have a complaint on file at the DOI.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Wish I could help from experience with an actual paint job, but I do know there is a pretty nice body shop on 378 in Lexington near the new Target. If you were coming from Target towards i-20 it would be on your right.

I have been up there when I was considering having my old Civic painted, and the people there were very friendly and actually recommended that I just have the car professionally detailed and it would shine it right up.

That's pretty nice if you ask me. At least they're trustworthy.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 AM

I just had all my work done at Summit collision in Irmo and It looks great. Color match was perfect.