Carolinas A Better Place to Be

New Toy (Not so 56k friendly)

Old 03-21-2004, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Toy (Not so 56k friendly)

Random post here, but I got a new toy and got to use it this weekend, so I thought I'd share with y'all!

For the longest time, I've been toting a real sharp $90 digital camera from Wal Mart that made digital pictures not worth taking. So finally, I stepped up to the plate and bought something decent. I wanted something compact so that I can leave it in the car and snap pictures whenever I want. However, I wanted something that would take a pretty high quality picture. On top of that, I of course, wanted a great deal. Well, I found it in the Canon Powershot S50!

I picked up this 5MP camera from Circuit City for $329 because they're not selling it anymore. So far, I'm loving it. Here's a few pictures I took today at the zoo:

And last but certainly not least... this guy is a ham when you show him a camera!
Old 03-21-2004, 07:22 PM

What Zoo were you at?
Old 03-21-2004, 07:27 PM

Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:44 PM

nice pic.
i haven't been to the Zoo since 6th grade. bring back some memory.
thanks.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:59 PM

That pic of the bear is awesome! Nice camera you picked up too.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:23 AM

Nice pics, especially the bear! We missed you at the NASA event. It was pretty neat! An M3 showed up for the drift compeition and do a burn out so long it MELTED the asphault! Insane. I really hope Highlander posts his pics.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:44 AM

Originally posted by Dante(suzuka)
Nice pics, especially the bear! We missed you at the NASA event. It was pretty neat! An M3 showed up for the drift compeition and do a burn out so long it MELTED the asphault! Insane. I really hope Highlander posts his pics.
That's nuts... I'm sure the drifting was interesting to watch. I just didn't know if I would want to be involved in that one. Was there a big turnout or did you get a ton of runs like at the last NASA event? How'd y'all do?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:42 AM

It was a very small group, but a whole lot of spectators. Two run groups of >10 cars each. Plus a Drift group of 7. We did two runs at a time, then went to the next group. I volunteered to judge the drift event since I have so much experence Well, actually I just raised my hand faster than anyone else.

The course was tight. In fact, if it was any tighter a miata would of had trouble getting through a few spots! Once I figured it out I had fun though. And for my first 6 runs I was killing Highlander. Then he figured out how to drive and wound up beating me by .300 of a sec I was just a little pissed. So it was a so-so autoX with a great couple sessions of drifting that made up for it. And it turns out asphault starts to flow/melt around 250 deg F!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by Dante(suzuka)
And for my first 6 runs I was killing Highlander. Then he figured out how to drive and wound up beating me by .300 of a sec
He was running on street tires, I'm assuming?

Congrats, either way! To be that close to Bryan is pretty good for someone with considerably less experience! Looks like you're gonna have to get you some R-compounds to add some competition to our class! (this is probably the last year we'll have a chance with our future in AS! )
Where ya at Bryan? We want to see those drifting shots!
Old 03-22-2004, 04:02 PM

He was actually running his Hoosiers! But in his defense he had a little more weight in the car via a passenger, plus much more understeer via de sway bar. Still....

Quick Reply: New Toy (Not so 56k friendly)