Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Offering TCT Rebuilding for cheap!

Old 12-07-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Offering TCT Rebuilding for cheap!

Hey guys, I finally got around to taking care of my own AP1 this weekend. It had the infamous timing chain tensioner failure, often signaled by loud tapping from the front of the engine once the car is warm at idle. The repair/rebuild went very smoothly and with the access of a shop and a sandblaster, it was done right.

I would like to offer my services of sandblasting the worm gear, replacing the two o-rings and end cap gasket, as well as clean up the exterior of the TCT for a small price. I am a technician so I do this kind of thing on a daily basis. I treat parts with care and vehicles like they were my own. If you are local to me (Raleigh, NC) perhaps we could work out a car swap for half of the day so I can do the full rebuild and install for you. This would cost a little more for labor.

OR

My main goal for non-local prospective customers is to ship it to me (ZIP: 27703) and I can then ship it back ready to be installed. Either way, shoot me a PM if you have interest and we can discuss the best route to take. I have a HUGE passion for cars and an even bigger one for the Honda S2000. Let me help you out!

You ship the TCT to me. I rebuild and pay for shipping back to you $75
You bring the TCT to me locally. I rebuild and give back TCT $55+$20 to remove and install for you

***NOTE*** I will return the TCT to you with the piston fully retracted so that you are able to insert it into the engine and install the mounting bolts. ***THIS WILL REQUIRE EACH BUYER TO DO 5 MINS OF WORK***

AFTER the rebuilt TCT is installed in the head and bolts tightened, the bolt/wingnut holding the piston retracted must be removed. It can then be discarded. It is simply used to keep the piston in place. (Here is an example of what I mean except the TCT will be clean! )

NEXT screw in the oil bolt snuggly with a flat head screw driver where the holding bolt/wingnut was. Place your gasket I supply in the TCT cover and put it over the end of the TCT. Tighten the two bolts snuggly and you are done!

Here are some pics of the work done on my S. I didnt have a wing nut so I used some good ole vice grips . Also, out of curiosity I replaced my VTEC solenoid filter/gasket to see what condition the screen was in or if there was any debris. It was slightly leaking so that gave me enough reason to take it all apart, clean it, and reseal it..