Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We should definitely arrange a park together/meet up at cars and coffee
Old 03-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

The foreign cars Italia was only for one or two times?

First and only one I went to was one before last one and was at Masarati dealership.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When it first started, C&C was at Northlake Mall. We got kicked out by the property manager due to ass-hats and the businesses complaining about us taking up customer spaces as the meet pushed later into the late morning/early afternoon.

Working out the Music Factory deal was the best thing we had. It was a perfect spot for us in so many ways. We managed to lose that site too for a while, once again due to ass-hats. But we swung a deal with the property manager and CMPD to get it back. That lasted until a few months ago when it was announced that the lot we were using was going to be repurposed into a commercial building site, construction to begin immediately.

While they searched for a new permanent site, FCI hosted us temporarily (the one you went to). They knew FCI couldn't be a permanent location. But it's cool that they let us crash their dealership for a few times.

Hopefully the new site will last. The Levine's don't have much to gain by our presence, but they're a cool family rooted in Charlotte history. I'm thrilled they're giving us a chance.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
When it first started, C&C was at Northlake Mall. We got kicked out by the property manager due to ass-hats and the businesses complaining about us taking up customer spaces as the meet pushed later into the late morning/early afternoon.

Working out the Music Factory deal was the best thing we had. It was a perfect spot for us in so many ways. We managed to lose that site too for a while, once again due to ass-hats. But we swung a deal with the property manager and CMPD to get it back. That lasted until a few months ago when it was announced that the lot we were using was going to be repurposed into a commercial building site, construction to begin immediately.

While they searched for a new permanent site, FCI hosted us temporarily (the one you went to). They knew FCI couldn't be a permanent location. But it's cool that they let us crash their dealership for a few times.

Hopefully the new site will last. The Levine's don't have much to gain by our presence, but they're a cool family rooted in Charlotte history. I'm thrilled they're giving us a chance.
That's great! You're a cool guy! Get it?
Old 03-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice! Hopefully new place works out then.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:39 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Nobody wanted to attend the barn building party last Spring, so I thought I throw a mulch spreading party this year. I'm having 60-80 yards dumped in the driveway, and I'll haul it to the back using a small skid-steer. From there I need help raking out the mini-piles.

When it's all done, we can sit around and drink beer and smoke cigars (I'll provide both - 6 beers on tap) for as long as you want.

When: This Saturday and Sunday
Where: Troutman
Why: because I'm too old to do it by myself again
What to bring: gloves and a sober driver or your toothbrush.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:35 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Dude. 60-80 yards?
Old 04-01-2016, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Dude. 60-80 yards?
Dude [the somber acknowledgement "duuuude"] The back is 150'x50'= 7500sqft; @3" thick, that's 66.5 yards. Plus the neighbor wants 14 yards. We'll spread it thinner in some areas, so that gives the range 60-80.

I'm renting a Dingo stand-behind mini skid-steer. It's going to be almost as much fun as changing wheel hubs.

Nobody wanted to come play, so I hired some neighborhood kids to help. I just hope my beer-drinking neighbors remember the story of "The Little Red Hen." It's embarrassing when I have to read it to thirsty adults.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:21 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Better than a wheelbarrow. I had 6 yards delivered and that did all the beds up front, along both sides, and next to the patio. With room to spare.

I need to get the car ready and loaded for RRR next weekend but if I finish early, I'll swing by. Will text you.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Better than a wheelbarrow. I had 6 yards delivered and that did all the beds up front, along both sides, and next to the patio. With room to spare. I need to get the car ready and loaded for RRR next weekend but if I finish early, I'll swing by. Will text you.
All done. 71 yards of mulch moved from the driveway to the back and spread.

Hammock time. Where's my beer assistant?

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread