Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I work in Mint Hill and live near Matthews, so the one you saw on the east side is the one that is close to me. I did see there was one in Fort Mill as well, but even that is about an hour round trip for me unless I happen to be around south Charlotte, which I rarely am.

I am all about a cheap *decent* street tire for our cars. I rode on a set of Hankook V12's for a year or so which I would equate closely to the DZ101's. Right now I'm on some lower cost Falkens. As long as they wear well and don't try to kill me in the rain like a previous set of Toyo's did, I'm OK with them. Obviously you can't expect the greatest cornering performance out of them, but as long as you know their limitations and keep your expectations in check, then I think they are good buys.

I personally would trust a site like simpletire.com (based on the reviews you have read) before trusting an eBay seller. Older production rates aren't too big of a deal considering the supplier most likely has a (somewhat) climate controlled storage facility (i.e. they aren't sitting outside in the sun/rain and are likely in a 50-90 degree temperature range). Better than buying 2010 tires from Joe down the street who had them as a patio ornament for the past four years.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Yeah, I work in Mint Hill and live near Matthews, so the one you saw on the east side is the one that is close to me. I did see there was one in Fort Mill as well, but even that is about an hour round trip for me unless I happen to be around south Charlotte, which I rarely am.

I am all about a cheap *decent* street tire for our cars. I rode on a set of Hankook V12's for a year or so which I would equate closely to the DZ101's. Right now I'm on some lower cost Falkens. As long as they wear well and don't try to kill me in the rain like a previous set of Toyo's did, I'm OK with them. Obviously you can't expect the greatest cornering performance out of them, but as long as you know their limitations and keep your expectations in check, then I think they are good buys.

I personally would trust a site like simpletire.com (based on the reviews you have read) before trusting an eBay seller. Older production rates aren't too big of a deal considering the supplier most likely has a (somewhat) climate controlled storage facility (i.e. they aren't sitting outside in the sun/rain and are likely in a 50-90 degree temperature range). Better than buying 2010 tires from Joe down the street who had them as a patio ornament for the past four years.

That makes sense. I need to get out more. Craiglist,ebay,s2ki,fb s2000 pages, etc killing me. Trying to save money staying at home but end up spending hundred more on the internet haha. I think ill pull the trigger and get the set for $260. Still see the tires for $100 a piece everywhere else. Good for backup I guess
Old 07-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just dropped off the car to get the quarters done. Not long til the car is painted and running
Old 07-08-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
Just dropped off the car to get the quarters done. Not long til the car is painted and running
Old 07-08-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Glad to have you in the CLT area now Drew. Hopefully you can make it to a few more CCR events.
Thanks, looking forward to it!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 PM

Getting prepped up for my anniversary trip to the Biltmore and the Blue Ridge cruise this weekend.

Also picked up a Modifry dash bracket from starrman and a phone mount from the Modifry man himself this afternoon.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 PM

I actually need a phone mount like that myself. Details?
Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Buy this: http://www.modifry.com/products/mounts/mdb.htm

And this: http://www.modifry.com/products/mounts/mdb_acc.htm

Bob (Modifry) lives just across the NC/SC border off Johnston Rd. Shoot him an email and pick em up one day. Ask him about his Mod class VW Beetle he used to autox
Old 07-09-2014, 03:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ive had that dash mount for years and it's amazing.
super easy to install and have had zero issues ever

and while you're ordering from him... the glove box organizer is pretty sweet too, helps you put a lot more stuff in there wihtout just jamming it in
Old 07-09-2014, 03:30 AM

Sweet, I'll pick one up.

Matt...that assumes you still have a glove box

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread