Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Pay it Forward -- The Free Parts Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay it Forward -- The Free Parts Thread

This is something I haven't seen on S2KI anywhere, so I am bringing the idea for this thread over from where I originally saw it on some Mini Cooper forums. It came around as a product of the down economy, and it really took off. It was great to see people helping other people out, and it would be cool to see the same thing happen here.

Basically, if you have parts etc laying around that you think someone else might need and that you don't mind giving away, post them here. Requests are welcome as well, but will be more welcome when you have something to give away yourself. Trade requests for valuable items are welcome, but please note that this is not a for sale thread. Shipping charges are fair game. Items do not need to be S2000 related.

Alright guys, let's see what ya got! As for myself, I don't really have or want anything at the moment, so I'll just let you all take it from here.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So it's just like in-community trading? If we don't need a membership for this I'm up.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got some CV boot straps that I didn't use when I swapped my joints this week. Anyone around Charlotte is welcome to them.

Also, anyone with a loose soft top that causes excessive wind noise, I've got just what you need. I had my buddy laser cut me some striker shims that took my wind noise down to zero when I installed them. He cut me quite a few extra, so I have some sets to spare. Anyone willing to pick them up can have a set, and I can help install if needed; takes about 10 mins.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
I've got some CV boot straps that I didn't use when I swapped my joints this week. Anyone around Charlotte is welcome to them.

Also, anyone with a loose soft top that causes excessive wind noise, I've got just what you need. I had my buddy laser cut me some striker shims that took my wind noise down to zero when I installed them. He cut me quite a few extra, so I have some sets to spare. Anyone willing to pick them up can have a set, and I can help install if needed; takes about 10 mins.
Did you swap the CV joints yourself? I attempted to swap my CV joints but could not unseat the rear lower ball joint. I would dish out some cash if you could help me.

I would like a set of the striker shims. I am in charlotte and can pick them up.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah we did the swap in my garage. No cash necessary; all you need to do is go to autozone and ask for a "tie rod end puller" for rental. Its called something like a Pullman/OEM tie rod end puller. That will help pop the ball joint right out. Were you able to get your axle nuts off? That was the worst part for me. After that it was a breeze. The autozone on 74 in Matthews is where I rented mine from, so I know they have one.

Come on and get your shims, I live in Stallings/Indian Trail and you can just call me some day when you are over my way. I will PM you my number.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:28 PM

I'm tempted to trade my Mulderized AP1's and clear JDM Diffusers for some AP2 headlights. I also have a Voodoo shiftknob, a spare valve cover, intake manifold with throttle body, and random bits and pieces off my old engine that I'd trade.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM

Hey guys , I have a AP1 Trunk kit and a AP1 car bra and mirror kit that someone can have if they want it. Winston Salem , give me a call 352-426-4716 - Drew
Old 07-07-2011, 08:58 PM

Bumping this thread back to the front page... Great to see some good responses and things offered up so far, let's keep it rolling!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 AM

I'll be cleaning up some things around my place this weekend.

I have rear rotors that have 50k on them and don't show any scoring, warping, etc. I replaced them because I was doing the fronts at the same time.

GONE - I also have a complete stock intake from an 04. The rubber hoses for the pipe assembly took some damage during uninstall but otherwise everything is in great condition.

GONE - I also have a k&n air filter from the stock intake that needs to be cleaned and recharged.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by humbucker87
I'll be cleaning up some things around my place this weekend.

I have rear rotors that have 50k on them and don't show any scoring, warping, etc. I replaced them because I was doing the fronts at the same time.

I also have a complete stock intake from an 04. The rubber hoses for the pipe assembly took some damage during uninstall but otherwise everything is in great condition.

I also have a k&n air filter from the stock intake that needs to be cleaned and recharged.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC.

what do you want for that K&N filter?

Quick Reply: Pay it Forward -- The Free Parts Thread