Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Shameless promotion for autocross

Old 05-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts

Did you notice I had a faster time on a run than you? If only I didn't hit that cone!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I saw. Its all about missing those cones though (which I did a great job of. . .counted it up and I was 1 out of 15 who didnt hit a cone/DNF all day).

If you do end up getting RA1's (there's a decent discussion on them in either the wheel/tire or racing forum right now), that may be all she wrote for me still being faster. . .haha.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:57 AM

I saw that discussion, but I think if I'm using them for daily driving, they may not last long enough at all. I may get the Bridgestones now and by the time they wear out, I'll be able to get a new set of rims and have dedicated track tires.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM

TSCC's next autocross is coming up. On Sunday June 17, we'll be at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds in Winson-Salem. We do not currently have online registration for this event, but all information, such as directions, can be found by searching 'TSCC' on MyAutoEvents.com or by visiting our club website, www.auto-x.com.

2007 is our clubs 40th anniversary and we're planning on having a cookout after the event I believe, on site. So plan to stick around and hang out for an hour or so after. Hope to see some of you there.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Bump up again.

Since we're planning a big party for the club, with food and beverages after the cars are done driving, our president has said we're NOT going to be capping the event to 160 drivers, so if you have the day free please come on over to the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds in Winston-Salem this Sunday. Anyone that wants to drive will drive.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Well, my new tires came in this Monday, and I think I should have them installed after this weekend's autox. The down side is my old tires are pretty much cooked, but I'm not sure I want brand new tires with only 100 miles on them on the autox. Opinions?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Wait to mount the new tires and use the kumho's one more time. As long as they're not showing cord and its not raining hard, they'll be fine.

If you put the new ones on, I can almost guarantee you want have as much grip and they may chunk/wear strangely, which wouldnt be good for new tires. Get them mounted the next week.

Or if you really dont feel safe on the current tires, get the new ones mounted and co-drive my car (just don't break it )
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 AM

Results are up from TSCC's Dixie Fairgrounds event yesterday

TSCC Event 4 results

It was my first time at this lot and I enjoyed it. Just annoyed at myself for such piss-poor driving. My head really wasnt in it yesterday for some reason and on every run I felt like I was trying too much to be smooth as opposed to being smooth and fast. I easily had a high 50 second to a low 51 second run in me but didn't get it done. Congrats to Matt for kicking my ass. . .just wait until next month in Sanford though. Hopefully I'll be able to drive the course that I design fairly quickly.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:47 AM

I wouldn't call it an ass kicking - that course favored torque cars, and we all know what a torque beast the AP2 is compared to the AP1!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:10 PM

Autocross notice for July 29.

Triad Sports Car Club will be holding our first ever event (that I know of anyway) at the Old Sanford Airport in Sanford, NC on the 29th. For you Raleigh folk, this event is our closest one to you. The site is a lot of fun and I'm designing the course, so hopefully it won't be a disaster, haha. I'm hoping the course drives very fast. . .maybe faster than our courses at Danville, but we'll see how it all works out.

We don't have online pre-registration for the event, but don't worry. If you show up wanting to drive, you'll drive. Registration and tech will start at 8:30 just like our normal events. Please see our website, Auto-x.com, for directions (located on the Events->Schedule page).

Hope to see a bunch of you guys there. If you need any more info, just PM me.

Quick Reply: Shameless promotion for autocross