Carolinas A Better Place to Be

So a member on here is asking $52k for his S2000

Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i could buy three nice Ss for that.lol.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am glad to see someone post their car for what is worth! It is so sad to see us all work so hard to mod our cars with better parts to get better performance only to see us strip them when it is time to sell them to appeal to the masses. although he never said exaclty how much he had in it I think I saw 60K in receipts! There is probably another 30K in planning and labor. We the S2K core community need to be more supportive of our brother builders. Look find a 2009 S2k, it is probably close to 30K, a freaking OEM hard top and SOS kit put it over 40K, a set of wheels and tires can easily be 5K! 52K is a steal not an insult. We know what it what it costs. I have already put 15K in mine and I feel like I have not even done anything. If I could start over I would buy this one for sure, and not haggle a dime about the price. Like the man said above, if you don't like it move on, especially if you cannot be supportive.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaGou
I am glad to see someone post their car for what is worth! It is so sad to see us all work so hard to mod our cars with better parts to get better performance only to see us strip them when it is time to sell them to appeal to the masses. although he never said exaclty how much he had in it I think I saw 60K in receipts! There is probably another 30K in planning and labor. We the S2K core community need to be more supportive of our brother builders. Look find a 2009 S2k, it is probably close to 30K, a freaking OEM hard top and SOS kit put it over 40K, a set of wheels and tires can easily be 5K! 52K is a steal not an insult. We know what it what it costs. I have already put 15K in mine and I feel like I have not even done anything. If I could start over I would buy this one for sure, and not haggle a dime about the price. Like the man said above, if you don't like it move on, especially if you cannot be supportive.
Lets me explain you something before you continue adding more money to your car. If you go tomorrow and buy a decent 30K car and then add 5K on a good set of rims, the car value is not 35K. Maybe in your heart!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thielepr
Originally Posted by DaGou' timestamp='1346016087' post='21966039
Lets me explain you something before you continue adding more money to your car. If you go tomorrow and buy a decent 30K car and then add 5K on a good set of rims, the car value is not 35K. Maybe in your heart!
Truth. Mods don't equal value, thus the reason we part them out.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its sad that this is true. unfortunatly we all have dumped $$$$ in our cars. the sad fact is we no what their worth, but no one familiar with a S does. so 52k for an s to the average joe is outrageous. the only person he will be lucky for wants one exactly the way he built it and if they have the $$$, they will probably buy it. good for them good for him. on the other hand, most want a unmolested S. he needs to sell the other two and keep that one. it is a beautiful car! good luck with the sale.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:09 AM

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts

Anybody who things of spending $50k on a Honda would probably just get an NSX. I'm sure some rich kid will buy that S, for a final amount that is "undisclosed".

Originally Posted by s4play
P.S. NSX is not for sale at any price unless you are talking 6-digits

LOL.

Sure, I'd sell my S for $50k too. Show me the money...
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM

Ha! I knew this was S4play before I clicked the link. I;m not surprised - that seems to be his business - flipping cars and making a profit.
The asking price is probably so high so he can cut it and make it more enticing.

I think he's on to something though - if we all jacked up the prices on our S2000s, they'd be worth more... right?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:26 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Yes, let's make the minimum price of an ap1 $30k I could make a nice profit then
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lol, I would sell my AP1 for 30k right effin now...

I also knew it would be s4play from reading the thread title. I wouldn't say it is "worth" the asking price to me, but I would certainly say that the car is "worth" $52k if that makes any sense at all.

Its the difference between "What is it worth?" and "Is it worth it?"

Or maybe it is better said "What is it worth?" and "What is it worth TO ME?"

I am sure that he has invested $52k if not much more into the purchase and upgrade of the vehicle. I feel that it is a fair starting point for negotiation. If I have a car that I paid $10k for, then invested $5k in parts (not including labor), I would list the car at $15k as my starting asking price. Basically the buyer is getting zero labor charge for having items installed since they are already on the car. BUT this is assuming that someone out there wants your exact car with your exact mods and is willing to buy it already assembled (I mean, I personally LOVE doing the stuff to my own car).

Anyway, I feel that it is a fine starting point all things considered. And his car is a fine example of what an S2000 can become with enough time, money, and dedication.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 AM

He could ask for the car whatever he wants, I don't blame him for trying. It really amaze me how many people defends his price. That guy it's my hero. Putting a ridiculous price and people defends him. I hope to have the same luck when I put my unmolested AP1 for 25k. it's a Honda, a good one, but it still a Honda.

Quick Reply: So a member on here is asking $52k for his S2000