automatic hardtop
Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, ya, but it takes longer to take yours off

HA

chicks dig top down when you live at the beach
Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Billman, how is the mod done on a 06? There's no access to the top module harness/
Old 05-17-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

i see many of you have gotten how to do this, i must say i am still confused on which wires to cut and or ground...sorry to be so thick, electronics overwhelms me some...i know billman is great he helped me eliminate my door chimes...so if anyone can put together a simpler deal i for one would appreciate it...like with photos and stuff...also the one touch down deal for the windows install would be nice...
Old 05-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

for you guys looking for the repeaters, I found a module I think might work for you. It gives "power windows" both automatic up and down function

http://www.ambientweather.com/db530t.html
Old 05-27-2007, 08:21 PM

hummm how would you wire this.. or better yet..

does anyone have the wiring diagram for the S2k.. 05-07?

I going to install the alarm myself..

thx for the help..
Old 08-05-2007, 08:56 AM

OK, just done on mine today, AP2 2007 model.. Tried twice. Now I can open/close the roof on the move.

Ref to the first post here, i tried the mod but fail in picking the right wire.

The different explanation here in S2ki from SHC Forum (mostly user from SIN) lies with the S2K posted here are mostly LHD. SIN ver RHD. Sticker marking of the CTM (Convertible Top Module) is stuck on the other side of the unit in comparison to US ver. Just take cue from the position of the interlocking of the connector and determine the position of the wire.

My pic shown here. Taken from the passenger seat view (LHS).

Left connector, B/W wire. The interlocking is facing below, not visible from the picture. But S2Ki site show the roof folding electronic face the other side up, probably because they are located on the RHS due to LHD.

Whole mod take about 10min. Taking out the panel is easier if you put your palm into the back of teh panl and feel the 4 corners and push the panel point by point. Then the middle part. Push 45 deg downward.

I dun like to cut the wire so decided on pulling the B/W color wire out of the connector.

To do so, unplug the CTM left connector. Use a mini screwdriver push into the corners of the connector and pry open the white piece that flush with the grey connector. With the white piece move out of the grey connector, pull the B/W wire out of the way and pull it out of the white piece. Push back the white plastic piece and push back the connector into place. Replace back the panel.

One observation from the first try. I open up the roof while working on it so that it is brighter inside. But I did pull out the B/W wire and tried closing back the roof but it move up like 10cm and stop, like there isn't enough torque to continue closing. Strange. So I tried later today to do so with the roof closed and strange enough, pulling out the same wire and tested, it works!

Thanks for the heads up from the first post.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok... another roof wiring related question... does it have a roof down sensor?? i want to wire my alarm to put the windows up... but only when the roof is up!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts

There is no roof down sensor. You may be able to wire your alarm to not put the windows up if you do a button combination. For me, I press unarm and then arm withing 5 sec to keep the windows down.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:52 AM

Bump for a good modification that took me about 5 minutes this morning. Easy and quick. As mentioned in the previous posts, the 2007 model has a basket instead of a plain cover. TO remove, take out the center screw, push in on the two push tabs on the sides, then just pull basket out with a little force (much less than removing the stereo cover).

--David

Quick Reply: soft top speed sensor bypass