Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Still Looking for 00-01 White S2K

Old 01-22-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

But silver is the sexiest, fastest, prettiest, bestest, and most popular color!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that Hendrick BMW/Mercedes of Hickory, NC had one on the front line this weekend.

Here's the link:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...isp=y&cardist=4

P.S. They are asking more than I paid for my '03 just a month ago but it looks to be in excellent shape.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 AM

Yeah, that have that S2K on E-bay right now....glad you posted that link thought cause i was wondering what they wanted to get from it. Makes me feel a little better that I think that price is a little high.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:16 AM

I stopped in at Hendrick last night and looked at it. It has the bright red seats. It doesn't have the rear spoiler, side strakes, ti shift knob, hard top, or anything else that would add significant retail value to it. I'll still keep my eyes peeled for you.

P.S. If you see one at Honda Cars of Rock Hill, let me know, so that I can say I referred you.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2005, 04:07 AM

UPDATE:: So I've had two close calls. The one at Morrison Motor Company still has not been sold. The guy wouldnt back down on the price that much. He probably felt that since I was some 24 year old kid, he could get me to jump on it. [Lucky for me I got my dad's negotiating skills and I wasnt about to buy the price that high over retail value.] So I walked on that deal.

The other one I was looking at is on Autotrader right now at Stokes Honda in Beaufort. Warning! Stay away from this place. Its a long drawn out story but I have a really bad feeling about this car. It has aftermarket wheels that nobody can identify, a cold air intake, and no radio [although he said he was going to put a brand new stock radio in before it sells]. Carfax checked out fine but it had been registered 3 times all up north. Salt and snow was my first worry. Then he tells me the guy who traded it in is in the Airforce and he kept it garaged when he was over seas, and the only thing I'm thinking is some dude on leave, and the only thing he wants to do is drop the top, crank the stereo and drive the hell out of it. So after thinking about all this I told the guy that I was really interested in buying a stock S2k. As soon as I say that he tells me he didnt want to sell it to me anymore anyways. APparently he took it out driving and it started acting up and the check engine light came on and its in the shop. (Interesting!). I had even had him down to a pretty good price, and that was before I had even seen the car in person. But oh well.

So that being said, still looking. I'm in no rush and I'll wait for what I want at the good price. If anyone sees something, still let me know. 00 -01 GPW with red and black interior. Thanks guys!

Oh, here are the pics of the wheels and the engine from that car at Stokes honda.

Old 04-01-2005, 07:25 PM

Try this link:
http://autos.msn.com/classifieds/listings/...l=S2000&src=vip
Old 04-02-2005, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Natey Nate,Apr 1 2005, 08:25 PM
I've already checked that one out a couple weeks ago. Its a good find if you don't mind a salvaged title. The seller was completely honest when I asked though.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:17 AM

are you talking about that one at Saul's Motor company? I saw that one, but everything about that place seem sketchy. I looked them up in the NC BBB and no bad reports, but said it only had 3 employees. What really scared me was that the S2000 was the most expensive thing on the lot. How much was the second most epensive car? I think under 10k when i looked last.

Im actually talking right now to somebody in NC how has a really nice looking one for sale. Low miles and he says is a garage queen. Hes asking a little too much for it though. The only problem is he hit standing water and hydroplaned going on to a exit at about 45 mph. He bounced off the gaurd rail and i guess ended up in the grass on the side of the road. He said no injuries or citations, but the car did have body damage. He said no structural damage and he has all the paper work and had another shop inspect the repairs. Says it drives like new. I've yet to look at the car in person, but all the hi-res images he has sent looks like the car is mint. Needless to say, I still think its a good purchase if he sells at the right price. Ill keep you guys posted.