Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Upstate S2000 Meet & Eat: August 17th

Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upstate S2000 Meet & Eat: August 17th

Well since this is going to be the last meet of the summer for a few people we are going to try and have a good showing at IHOP on Woodruff Rd. Hope to see as many as we can there at the usual time of 7pm.

Andy (AndyThomason) +1
Yves (YELLOWJACKET) +1
Scott (ifly1956) +1
Chris (failwheeldrive)
Chris (mrchristopher)
Barnett (RoadConeTuning)
Old 08-13-2010, 05:21 AM

me +1
Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not trying to be rude, but you guys have your meets at some of the sh-ttiest restaurants. I'm sure a lot more people would attend if you chose a place to eat that less than 80% of the menu was deep fried. There are lots of excellent restaurants in greenville that don't require a zantac before and alka seltzer afterwards. Maybe should think about places that serve alcohol as well. It is nice to enjoy a beer after a long days work. Again no offense intended. Maybe I'm just getting old probably should start an old married with kids s2k meet.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I think it's most likely because alot of the guys that show up have a need to be economical with their eating out. It's just my guess though...
Old 08-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by japhethwar,Aug 13 2010, 07:49 PM
I'm not trying to be rude, but you guys have your meets at some of the sh-ttiest restaurants. I'm sure a lot more people would attend if you chose a place to eat that less than 80% of the menu was deep fried. There are lots of excellent restaurants in greenville that don't require a zantac before and alka seltzer afterwards. Maybe should think about places that serve alcohol as well. It is nice to enjoy a beer after a long days work. Again no offense intended. Maybe I'm just getting old probably should start an old married with kids s2k meet.
Well what do you suggest? I try to pick a different place each week but it's hard to keep thinking of new places. Nobody really ever makes a suggestion and it seems to be that when we do go to a "nicer" restaurant, the attendance is even lower.

Evan, you're right. Being unemployed for almost a year, I did have to watch where and how I spent my money. Maybe I was selfish with the places I chose since I knew they would accommodate my financial situation, or lack there of.

Maybe this will just be our last meet for a while, at least, that I post.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scott +1 (If mine is back together in time)
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM

Don't worry Andy I love the places you pick! It's not about the food its about the people! I always had a good time and showed up no matter what place was picked! I miss hanging out with you guys.. Maybe in a few years I can make it back home and attend a few more meets.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there. IHOP ftw
Old 08-15-2010, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself, I just moved up to north greenville university last thursday and I can't make it out to this meet as I have a game that night for soccer but I am planning on coming to some of them later on as you have more. I have a silver Ap1 with 18" Enkei's on neogens, dual invidia q300, and a comptech cai right now, lookin for a nice replica ap2 wing to put on, I am in the process of getting an ap2 front bumper for free, just waitin on this guy to get his j's racing front and rear in, then plan on hopefully goin for the cr lip with the ap2 wing, mulderized headlights Ap1 with clear corners so yea thats kinda like my intro and build list right now. haha and the name is Stephen
Old 08-15-2010, 01:43 PM

hEY ANDY, IHOP IS JUST FINE!

as for your intro stephen, you won't make friends with this group by being insulting right off the bat! we'd be glad to have you come out.

Quick Reply: Upstate S2000 Meet & Eat: August 17th