Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Used car horror story

Old 02-27-2003, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used car horror story

Text of a letter sent to certain Honda dealerships in Winston-Salem and Raleigh...

I took delivery of my
Old 02-27-2003, 06:17 PM

I'm sorry your S2000 experience turned out like this, but I still have to say you have to blame the dealerships, and not Honda. Although, I do disagree with them not providing the rental car that I thought you should have got in that one instance. Hope all goes well with your next car.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:36 PM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tigerfan
[B]you have to blame the dealerships, and not Honda.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand your concerns. I believe you are in good hands at the Raleigh Honda service dept. Try to be calm and professional and you will likely go further than with wanting to smack them down.

In regards to TSBs, they are not the same as a recall. They are bulletins advising dealerships of "possible" problems, tools, repairs, documentation updates, and symptoms to look for in known areas of interest. Therefore, your vehicle must exhibit these symptoms, "to a technician," to make Honda go forward with these repairs at their expense.

As for the clucking sound you hear, this maybe the rear end unloading between shifts or premature shifting out of gear prior to complete clutch engagement ( i.e. pause prior to upshift)

If it is the rear end unloading, then Yes this is normal with a LSD for this particular car. However, I would check the half shafts and U-joints just to be on the safe side.

Also from your picture, the bolt appears to be one of the bolts that is R&R'd to hold an aftermarket X-brace. Can anyone confirm this theory? Possibly , the last owner removed their X-brace and was not too concerned about torque-ing the bolt back to proper spec.

Best wishes,

Skip
Old 02-28-2003, 04:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HotRodSoul
[B] There won't be ANY Hondas for either of us in the near future.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by SkipX
Also from your picture, the bolt appears to be one of the bolts that is R&R'd to hold an aftermarket X-brace. Can anyone confirm this theory? Possibly , the last owner removed their X-brace and was not too concerned about torque-ing the bolt back to proper spec.
Nope, that is one of the bolts that holds the entire front subframe and engine into the car. This is typical dealership work. In my car two of the six bolts were missing and one was cross-threaded in. Whoever had the transmission out did not torque the bolts back.. I would check all six for proper torque.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:09 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An unfortunate story. . .
Old 02-28-2003, 06:14 AM

I didn't know you had a girlfriend.

You rascal, you.

Old 02-28-2003, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS: HotRodSoul is love your NO BS Trucking User Icon! Dude, The first time I seen that logo on one of their trucks. I laught so hard I almost wrecked my car.

Their old complany slogan: (http://www.nbstrucking.com/)

When you have a hot load that needs to be moved in a hurry. Call NBSTrucking.

LOL
Old 02-28-2003, 01:46 PM

Hey Chris and Ashley.... Jen and I were just thinking about you guys. I know the last time we hung out you guys told us the problems. I'm glad that it's been resolved and sorry to hear that the ownership experience of the S was so subpar. What is Ashley looking at getting now? How about a G35 coupe! We went to the AutoExpo this past weekend and I fell in love with it! Would turn in my IS300 in a second for that thing!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Quick Reply: Used car horror story