Carolinas A Better Place to Be

VIR Charity Laps March 30th

Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
mlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIR Charity Laps March 30th

Hello All,

I just got an email from VIR and they are once again doing a charity laps event to benefit Ronald McDonald House. If you have gone before you know how much fun this is and if you haven't it is a great way to get on the track in a safe a fun environment.

***Just so everyone is aware, you DO NOT need a helmet or rollcage for this event!! You run behind a pace car, if you think that sounds boring trust me it isn't.***

Kevin

Here is the email.

Usher in the spring at VIRginia International Raceway's Open House featuring our Ronald McDonald House Charities® benefit. This is the public's opportunity to take their vehicles onto the historic VIR track while helping others out at the same time.

The Benefit Laps will be held on Friday, March 30th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the last group taking the track at 3:30 PM that day. The cost is $25 per session, which will last from 20 to 25 minutes. Donations of $25 either in cash or by major credit card will be accepted. TMI AutoTech, Inc. will once again be offering rides in the Ariel Atom - the world's quickest and most unique supercar - for $10 per session. All donations will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of North Carolina® and RMHC of Roanoke®, and are eligible for tax deduction.

Ronald McDonald House® has allowed families to focus on the health and well being of their critically ill children by keeping families together who are in need of a community of hope, comfort and empathy. Their programs provide families with the comforts of home - private bedrooms, inviting community spaces, daily home-cooked meals and stocked kitchen, a play room, computer room and laundry facilities - as well as a network of support through interactions with other families, staff and volunteers. Families with critically ill children face immense emotional, physical and financial challenges; knowing that Ronald McDonald House Charities® will be there to support them in a safe and caring environment helps to alleviate some of these challenges.

"The Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina and the Roanoke Ronald McDonald House are very excited and proud about our relationship with VIR. This event is a great way for people at the track on March 30th to help seriously ill children and their families stay at 6 of our region's Ronald McDonald Houses. It's a special event where they can help others in need, while they enjoy the experience of driving on this world-class track." - Fred Huebner, President of the Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina

We invite you to come and join in the fun for a great cause.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Time off submitted and approved. I'm there!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm most assuredly in.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if VIR's policy against allowing convertibles without aftermarket rollbars applies to this event?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I'll show up...
Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drreid
Does anyone know if VIR's policy against allowing convertibles without aftermarket rollbars applies to this event?
VIR's policy requiring S2000's to have an aftermarket rollbar does not apply to this event.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM

Anyone know if they have helmet rental available or if I need to buy a helmet.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by werkinprogress
Helmet is not required. these are pace laps.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
mlc

Originally Posted by werkinprogress
Hey Dan,

You don't need any helmet for this event. I will mod the OP to make that more clear.

Kevin
Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

We go through this every time

Quick Reply: VIR Charity Laps March 30th