Carolinas A Better Place to Be

VIR Labor Day Weekend with Potomac PCA - $405

Old 08-12-2013, 02:04 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Is anyone going to VIR with TrackDaze in 2 weeks?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Wow, you serious? Those jackasses don't even have an entry list posted. I emailed the chair some questions over a month ago and never heard back.

What's the difference between the Patriot course and Grand course?

It took a while but I convinced them to let me in. Hopefully with no instructor since I have not needed one for a while. The list is only available to be seen by people that signed up through motorsportreg.com.
As far as email's: I had the same problem. Long time between replies.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Well it wasn't a terrible weekend at VIR. I will not attend another PCA event. Only 3 27min sessions/day. Spend most of the day sitting around. Got to meet another S2000 owner, Victor, with a really clean yellow s2k. Also met another S2k owner who was there with his Boss mustang but can't remember his name. Outside of having limited track time it was a fun weekend.
Hoping to go back for the chin event in October. 3.5hrs track time/day!!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:13 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Was there a large attendance?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Was there a large attendance?

It was not a large turnout. I have never been to this event but people that have been before say it is usually very crowded.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 AM

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

The lack of track time is frustrating/troubling especially if you say there wasn't a large turnout. Was it poorly managed?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by petegemelli
Well it wasn't a terrible weekend at VIR. I will not attend another PCA event. Only 3 27min sessions/day. Spend most of the day sitting around. Got to meet another S2000 owner, Victor, with a really clean yellow s2k. Also met another S2k owner who was there with his Boss mustang but can't remember his name. Outside of having limited track time it was a fun weekend.
Hoping to go back for the chin event in October. 3.5hrs track time/day!!

Pete, that was me! Seeing how fast your car was in the corners pushed me over the edge and I will be selling the Boss and tracking the S2K. There are other reasons (cost being a big one) but you definitely showed me how fast a relatively lightly modded S could be. I will miss having a 444hp V8, but I'll deal with it. I won't miss the monthly payment, or replacing the rubber.

I'll be at VIR for NASA's Oktoberfast on Oct 12-13th, and I might try to make it to the Sunday Chin session.

I think the part I disliked most about the PCA event was three sessions each day for three days. I'd much rather do 4 events over two days like the last event I went to (trackdaze.) Sure you get one more session with PCA, but I had to take a day off work for that. Plus they wouldn't let the S2K guys drive with the tops down. It was a beautiful weekend, so that's really lame. If NASA has the same rules, I'll put the hardtop on the car before I drive out.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Track rules at VIR (not organizer) dictate that convertibles running top down had to use arm restraints. I borrowed some and they annoyed me so much that I'll run my hardtop at track events from here on out.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:30 AM

We were just at VIR in June for a TrackDaze event and they did not require arm restraints for the top to be down on the S2000.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:14 PM

That's odd. One of the VIR staffers pointed it out to the chief steward while I was in earshot that all convertibles required them, even if running top up. Per the organizer tech sheet, they were only specifically required if you planned to run top down. Maybe this guy wasn't at your event, or TD carries different/more insurance? No clue.

Quick Reply: VIR Labor Day Weekend with Potomac PCA - $405