Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Wantin some BEAT!

Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem with putting extra speakers behind the seat is the incredibly poor mounting options. Best you can do is mount them to the flimsy plastic pannel an give up 99% of the low tones. Now you are left with your upper frequencies blasting into the back of your seat. Now you have double the highs, less balance sound and less money to spend on quality. You would be better off using a better speaker and a better 2 channel amp along with some well placed Dynamat to help contain the sound produced behind the speaker. Bluegas68 was running just 1 set of 6.5 perfects and and a quality power matched amp and it would make sunglasses bounce around on his dash like a mexican jumping bean.

Proper wire kits are a must too. try http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...allation%20Kits

good luck
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CU Nick,Jan 2 2010, 01:24 PM
Pics of the setup?
I'll try to find them and post them up.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Jan 2 2010, 03:37 PM
Unless you're short, I can't imagine having enough room behind the seats for subs.
Not subs...5-1/4" components.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheOtherHalf,Jan 2 2010, 06:44 PM
Problem with putting extra speakers behind the seat is the incredibly poor mounting options. Best you can do is mount them to the flimsy plastic pannel an give up 99% of the low tones. Now you are left with your upper frequencies blasting into the back of your seat. Now you have double the highs, less balance sound and less money to spend on quality. You would be better off using a better speaker and a better 2 channel amp along with some well placed Dynamat to help contain the sound produced behind the speaker. Bluegas68 was running just 1 set of 6.5 perfects and and a quality power matched amp and it would make sunglasses bounce around on his dash like a mexican jumping bean.

Proper wire kits are a must too. try http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...allation%20Kits

good luck
Then I must have some incredible speakers putting out some awesome bass. I have been asked many times what sub I was using, and always get a chuckle out of the expression on people's faces when they see the speakers behind the seats.

I get great sound. Well balanced and I'm able to hear every note with the top down at 85mph on the interstate. I'm no audiophile, but they sound great to me
Old 01-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by CU Nick,Jan 2 2010, 01:24 PM
Pics of the setup?
Here ya go!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts

That's an interesting set up - with your highs behind the seats, I'd think they'd be somewhat muffled. I assume you also have the four speakers in the OEM locations in the door?

Personally, and not related to any particular set up, I've found good cabin speakers in the OEM locations and a trunk sub box and a good powered amp will give a nice loud system without hip hop thump, but unless you fab something for an in cabin sub, you'll never get that in cabin base sound. A good powered amp or two is key though.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i mean i dont want to be the obnoxious guy at the stop light thats making everyones car shake, i just want a lil thump when im listening to music. Ima definatley look into replacing all the oem's, but in my experiences in the past, if youve got a nice sub setup, your oem's dont necessarily need to be replaced.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Are they Infinity? Infinity have awesome bass buy design and tend to do it with less power. You can put speakers back there, but by normal standards, its not optimal in any way. In order to extract bass from a speaker the back of the speaker needs to be isolated from the front or it needs to be a tune ported inclosure and would need to be mounted to a relatively solid surface. I think the same speakers in the door with dynamat would do the trick 95% as well and you wont be out the money for the extra speakers and the extra amp. If it sounds good to you the I dont recommend you change it but I'm not sure I would call it the bust use of you audio dollars.

just my opinion.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 PM

Good eye, they are. Infinty RS6000 cs (6-1/2") in the doors, replacing the stock speakers, and Infinity RS5000 cs (5-1/4") in the rear. Brilliant highs, nice mid-range and great bass. I listen to a lot of jazz, so I need a system with a good range. My Alpine 9887 HU lets me do time delay, so the sound is even and balanced throughout the cabin. Add to that a Rockford Fosgate Power 750X 4 channel amp for good clean sound.

I was a little leery of putting speakers behind the seats, as I thought they would be blocked by the seats, but after I got a chance to ride in another owner's car with a similar setup, my doubts were laid to rest.

Based on the compliments I get, I'm not the only one who appreciates the sound this setup produces. It's perfect for me in that I don't lose any trunk space, which I need for frequent road trips (the amp is in the spare tire well). I also don't want to be the guy rattling other people's windows and setting off car alarms when I pull up to a traffic light or pull into a parking lot.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:19 AM

Beautiful thing about the Infinity RS CS line is, you don't need an amp to enjoy them. If you have a good head unit with a respectable RMS (20-30 RMS) you run them until you pony up for the amp. Most components require too much power to be usable without plenty of amped power. I think the RMS range is 2-90 on them, Components are 8-xx or 10-xx.

FYI: As a rule of , you will need an amp with anything that starts with an 8 or higher on the RMS power range.... as you can see, InfinityRS are way below 8.

Quick Reply: Wantin some BEAT!