Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Who wants to get there Headlights cleared

Old 07-27-2006, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Who wants to get there Headlights cleared

I have been thinking about getting this done for sometime. I have not actually gotten the courage up to do so myself. I have been talking with Wingman (Dave) about getting a group togeather and having him help us out. I know w few of you guys have shown some interest in this in the past.

Dave sent me some info about what he charges which I think is really fair!! He said if he does the whole thing no help from us then it's 120 a car. He does everything from start to finish, and assumes responsibility for the headlights. Also if we want to try it ourselves and have him supervise then it's 50 bucks a car. If there is more than 2-3 cars then I will have to make this a 2 day thing and house Dave for the night, maybe treat him to some steak or something.

For all those that are interested this is a great opportunity to get this unique and very awesome looking mod done without the hassel of doing it yourself!! Anyway if you are interested then please PM me or reply to this thread so I can arrange things with Dave! Thanks and
Old 07-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Ron

Just in case anyone is unfamiliar with Dave's work, Sheila and I both had him clear our headlights. After watching what's involved, I wouldn't consider doing it myself.

Dave has done this a-bunch-of-times and does it quickly and professionally. If anything ever did go wrong, it would be his problem and not yours. There's no doubt he'd make it right.

Go for it. Cleared lights give the car a much cleaner look. Sheila has clear USA style lights on her Silverstone and I have smoked JDM's on my NFR.

No, I'm not related to Dave, just a happy customer.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:22 PM

YES...
Count me IN for this one all the way...
After a lot of consideration, I think I'm gonna go with the clear diffusers after all...
Thought about painting the headlight assembly as well, but I think I'm not gonna worry with doing that...
I'm gonna go ahead and order the diffusers from Rick's soon...
Old 07-27-2006, 03:00 PM

I'd be all about it too but i gotta wait until the 17th to have money so i can order a pair from ricks too
Old 07-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Im in!

Jason
Old 07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ That guy has my autowash!!

Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM

Im down
Old 07-27-2006, 05:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi folks! Just a quick "hello." I want to first thank Matt for considering my services. As Ron mentioned, I've done "a bunch" of conversions (stopped counting a good while back at over 300 sets now ). Rick Hesel contracts me for his online conversions, and as Ron alluded to, I also do conversions locally/regionally if distance isn't too much of an issue. I love doing these conversion. Love the change it makes to our S2000. And love the way the owners take to the change in their cars. Plus, the travel gives me a chance to stretch The Bruised Banana's legs once in awhile (over 143K miles now ).

So ya'll work out the details and iron out a date that works for everyone. My only real conflicting date would be the weekend of August 18-20th. I'll be rollin' The Dragon that weekend . Other than that...I feel confident I can work with ya'll's schedule. Ad you've already begun to consider...I would suggest you go ahead now and place orders for diffusers with Rick's Signature Accessories (if you care to, you can click the sig link below and you'll be taken directly to Rick's Diffuser page -- just order diffusers only...not the Conversion ).

Here's a list of those indicating they want to participate in my converting their headlamps. I've also included additional information as I've noted during folks posts. Please keep in mind, as each conversion takes approx 4 hours, I can really only afford to do as many as six (6) conversions during the decided weekend:[LIST][*] s2kmaniac81
Old 07-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure you give that Dave exact directions WITH maps... he has this broken Tom-Tom he INSISTS on using.... all it does is send him going in circles.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: Who wants to get there Headlights cleared