Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Worst Customer Service Ever - Colors on Parade in Raleigh

Old 05-31-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Worst Customer Service Ever - Colors on Parade in Raleigh

So last year (end of October as it turns out) some one backs into my car in the parking lot. not much damage, but i take it to get an estimate. My boss recommends a place called colors on parade. so i go there and talk to a guy and he gets me an estimate. $210 labor and $260 paint + $20 color match. i was told that the labor entailed taking off the bumper, fixing the problems, and putting the bumper back on. so i asked the guy if i could just get a new skin and have then paint it for $280 since it takes me 5 min to take off the bumper, i'm not going to pay $70 for someone else to do it. he said ok, no problem. so i made an appointment but the guy who hit me never got me the money in time, so i called and cancelled. forward to now, 7 months later. i finally get the money, (don't ask, long story) and so i call to make an appointment. i make it for tues 6/1, but they misplaced my estimate so they were not sure what they quoted me, so i told them they were going to spray the bumper. so i am at the beach for the weekend and come back early so that i can get a few things done, the main thing is to have a friend help me drop off my car and bring me back home. i get there expecting to drop the car off and return in the morning since it is memorial day, but they are open. so i ring the doorbell and the guy comes out. i tell him i have an appt and i was just going to drop it off and come back, but since he was here can i just check it in now. he says ok and asks what i
Old 05-31-2004, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHOA!! is there an abridged version of this? Or maybe one w/pictures??
-
you could tunnel back home by the time i finised reading that book!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DUDE!!!

Paragraphs are your FRIENDS!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HKStallion
Old 06-01-2004, 02:34 PM

Tough luck Dave. But you get people like that in all sorts of business. I am currently trying to get a deposit back for some chairs I decided not to get.

Long story short: Went to buy two reading chairs. Did not have them in the color/fabric I wanted. Put a deposit of $100 and was told they'd be ready in 4 weeks. This was Saturday 4 pm

Monday 9 am I called to cancel the order because I changed my mind (there is more to it but I'll leave it at that). The woman on the phone got very agro and didn't want to cancel the order because they had to 'order that expensive fabric you wanted' and the order would have been placed 'immediately' to ensure delivery of the fabric on Tuesday morning.

I told her: "You are telling me you are going to get the fabric tomorrow yet it will still take you 4 weeks to get the chairs ready??". She wouldn't budge until I said I wasn't going to pay for the chairs so she better cancel the order and give me the deposit back. Anyhow, I am not holding my breath over the deposit but one thing is sure: I am never buying anything else there (I will be shopping for a new lounge set end of year). Their crappy customer service and stuborness over $100 just costed them a couple of grand in lost business.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:44 PM

The saga is over, i got the bumper painted at kenny hawkins in cary. by just using the paint code, the bumper is pretty darn perfect. i dont know why the other guy couldnt do it.

thank you all for your support. i dont think i would have made it without you, especially professor Raul, the english guru. I apologize for being ESL.

Dave
Old 06-22-2004, 10:17 AM

I am the owner of the Colors on Parade in Raleigh NC. As a car nut and a perfectionist I never want to displease any customer.

I did not work on David James' S2000 and no money changed hands. After talking to him I was sure I could not please him with the changes he had made to the job. I will state again "no one can promise a perfect match without blending into the existing paint" if it happens to match, its luck." He did not want to pay for priming or blending of his new bumper and wanted me to believe that we had told him that we would not charge for this when he recieved his original estimate.

I was concerned that one of my guys had inadvertently miscommunicated that to him but when I finally found his estimate (it was in the "No Show" file because of his failure to show up for his original appointment), I realized that I was the one who had originally looked at the car and given him the estimate. I know for a fact that I had told him no such thing.

I had encouraged him to keep his original bumper so that I could do the least amount of painting and keep the job as economical as possible as it was evident that price was a major concern for him.

I am not pleased with the things he said and I could refute much of it but I will only say that the BBB rejected his complaint.

We get most of our business from referrals and I will let the record stand on that, not someone who's car I never touched!

This was not the perfect shop for this guy, but if you want the best job possible on your S2000, this is the perfect shop for you as it has been for many S2000 owners that are more than pleased to know us and recommend their friends to us. We have a great relationship with our customers, like this guys boss who sent him to us.

Lloyd Lind
Owner
Colors On Parade
3813 Capital Blvd., ste. 101
Raleigh NC 27604
919-862-8988
Old 06-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did CoP actually do the work and did you pays them? It doesn't sound like they did. It also sounds like there was some miscommunication about what you wanted to have done and consequently the estimate to do it. The cost to replace, paint and color match a bumper is ~$700 for non-metalic red.

I dunno, it sounds like you failed to negotiate a workable deal with them and so had the work done else where. I'm not sure that constitutes poor customer service or not.

My car is in the shop as we speak, Henson and Son in Escondido. They've had it for 5 weeks, had to go back to the insurance co 4 times to get approvals for work and came up with a total cost of about ~$7000 for a new front bumper, headlights, hood and front fenders. The paint is blended to the back of the doors to get a color match. Funny thing is the car was completely drivable with the exception of one smashed headlight and it was even tracked the day following the accident covered in duck tape and it secured our 4th place finish at OTC.

So if you didn't pay them you aren't a customer. Sorry you weren't able to negotiate a workable arrangement with them but that doesn't exactly constitute poor service IMHO.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ColorsOnParade
He did not want to pay for priming or blending of his new bumper and wanted me to believe that we had told him that we would not charge for this when he recieved his original estimate.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:54 PM

Dave I never said I would lie, I said I would not testify in court to support your verbal contract. In this country that is every persons right even mine.

You had no problem omiting any thing from your long story that might shed light on why I did not feel good about working on your car for money let alone for free.You also had no problem trying to ruin my bussness over this car I would not touch, so what does that really say about your integrity. Lloyd

Quick Reply: Worst Customer Service Ever - Colors on Parade in Raleigh