Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2008 abp cr151

Old 01-16-2021, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 abp cr151

2008 CR Apex Blue Pearl

120,000 miles currently

Price: $35,000 OBO (pretty firm)

Purchased @ 106,000 miles

CR#151

Reason for sale: I’ve been a longtime s2ki member (rurouni_ss), as well as other car forums (m3forums - ALwAyS4SaLe). I’ve always wanted another s2000 after i suffered major sellers remorse after selling my 1st S2000 as so many former owners do. Therefore I purchased this car as a weekend car, but since finishing school, buying a house, a child on the way I feel as though I just have it sitting there. As much as I love just having the car, I just can’t just let it sit there and not drive it. Therefore I figured I should let someone else enjoy her. I know I’m probably going to regret it, but I think it is the adult thing to do! That being said, I don’t NEED to sell it, but I battled with the idea and concluded that I SHOULD sell it. As far as the price it’s slightly negotiable, but if I don’t get my price I will just keep it. I’ve tried to be as transparent as i can, so Thanks for looking

Background/condition:

I purchased this car from a longtime s2ki member (Koop). If you guys know of the car, you guys know that the car has been through many iterations, but the car was never painted.
  • first owner generally just drove it on occasions.
  • 2nd owner (koop) again just drove it on occasions, never modified
  • 3rd owner, tracked it occasionally and was modified with Motons at some point but everything was returned to stock and sold to the 4th owner.
  • The 4th owner lowered/bagged the car and installed a JDP rear diffuser @ some point (uninstalled when sold and left some scratches on the rear bumper around the exhausts exits.
  • 5th owner Koop again, he just loved the blue and purchased it back from the 4th owner
  • 6th owner - would be me - I didn’t exactly knew the maintenance history so I did my due diligence and sent the car to Young’s Auto Service in Philadelphia. If you know Young, you know he’s a former and current s2000 owner. He’s very knowledgeable with s2000s and takes very good care of the car like it’s his own. I had him do a once over, all maintenance items done and up to dAte.
  • The car was solid but I noticed that the brakes were spongy, so I had young take a look and noticed that the rear caliper was seized, so I went ahead and replaced front and rear brakes with OEM rotors and pads and new rear caliper (not reman.)
  • While he was under there, I had him replace all the splash guards because they were cracked and the front under tray
  • As my owner continued, I noticed some oil drips, put it on the lift and noticed it was coming from the transmission, possibly the rear Main seal. I didn’t really trust too many people with a big job like that so I contacted billman and commissioned to do the clutch, rear Main seal, clutch valve delete. He also noted that the clutch master cylinder was in hood working order.
  • Currently the vehicle does not need really anything. During the last inspection, Young did mention that the front inner and outer tie rods should be replaced, therefore I purchased brand new inner tie rods and I purchased new Js outer tie rods but with covid I have not found the time to get them installed
  • Exterior condition wise, this is not a show car, it’s a drivers car. It does have its rock chips, minor dents here and there. The bumper still has its vin sticker, but seems as some paint is chipping by the passenger side headlight. I think it’s probably from the previous owners taking the front bumper on and off. So I don’t think it’s been repainted

The vehicle has all original 10 VINs on all panels (I personally checked when purchasing the vehicle).

Engine: Stock

KN air filter

ONLY OEM oil filters / Amsoil every 5k miles or 6 months

Maintenance:
  • Platinum NGK Spark Plugs @ 106,000 miles
  • OEM TCT replaced @ 110,000 miles
  • OEM serpentine belts @ 106,000

Transmission:

ACT HD Pressure Plate w/ OEM Clutch Disk w/ OEM throw out bearing

OEM Rear Main Seal replaced

-Clutch/Rear main seal replaced by Billman @ 116,000 miles

Suspension: Stock
  • brand new OEM outer tie rods (not installed)
  • Brand new J’s Racing outer tie rods (not installed)

Wheels: OEM CR wheels

Tires: Michelin AS3 225/255 (10,000 miles)

Brakes: OEM brakes

Maintenance:

OEM front / rear brake rotors (replaced @ 115,000 miles)

OEM rear caliper replaced @ 119000

OEM Brake Master Cylinder replaced @ 119,000

Interior:
  • Premium OEM UK Honda Floor Mats (DO NOT HAVE OEM CR mats)
  • Moddiction Shift knob (Have Brand new OEM CR shift knob)
  • Custom Center console leather embroidered CR#151 (no OEM available)
  • All interior CR bits intact, no rips or tear
  • OEM cabin filter replaced @ 106,000 miles

Exterior
  • brand new OEM splash guards (installed)
  • Brand new OEM front under tray (installed)
  • Brand new CR emblems (not installed)
Old 01-16-2021, 10:13 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Location?
Old 01-17-2021, 02:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

....since every previous owner drove it occasionally,who put all those miles??just asking..
Old 01-17-2021, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SOLD
Old 01-18-2021, 06:12 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

this was the best CR example in a long time.