Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Ca 2005 nfr s2000

Old 05-15-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOLD Ca 2005 nfr s2000

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in my car. I was very sad to see it drive away this morning. And thanks to S2ki for featuring my car last week. I was very flattered and proud to see my car on the front page.

Jeff

2005 HONDA S2000 FOR SALE

I hate to do it, but the S has to go. This is a very well maintained car with low miles and some very nice mods. Asking price is $20K OBO. Clean title, pink slip in hand. Car is located in Castro Valley CA. No trades please. Please feel free to email me for quicker response: kontrol_z@yahoo.com

Details:

2005 AP2
NFR
72K miles
HKS Hypermax coil overs
Work Emotion CR in bronze
Yokohama tires
Slotted rotors
Hawk front brake pads
AEM V2 intake
Berk HFC
Tanabe Medallion Concept G cat-back
JDP carbon fiber lip
JDP carbon fiber wing
JDP carbon fiber diffuser
Forcewerkz carbon fiber side skirts
APR carbon fiber mirrors
Downforce DF-R oversized front fenders (30mm wider)
CR radio door
Aftermarket titanium shift knob
Pioneer Stereo
BRAND NEW Clifford alarm
Car cover

I still have most of the OEM parts for the car but I DO NOT have the original wheels , shocks or fenders. Included with the car are the following:

OEM catalytic converter
OEM exhaust
OEM brake pads
OEM tonneau cover
OEM radio door
OEM radio
OEM shift knob
OEM side mirrors
OEM intake

Since I purchased the car 6 years ago I have had Blacktrax do almost all of the maintenance and part installs. They also did a valve adjustment around 55K miles. I tracked the car once at Thunder Hill in the beginner group and I did one Autocross event. The rest of the driving has been street. The car is in very good condition but it is 12 years old, so it does have some minor signs of age. This is not a show car, but it is in excellent condition. The biggest things to point out are the standard 1 inch tear in the soft top by the passenger door. I was planning on going with a hardtop so unfortunately I never addressed this. The windshield is also pitted, a common problem with these cars. If I was keeping the car I would definitely replace it. There is also a small crack in the CF front lip. I put a piece of black tape over it and it is pretty hard to see. When I had the oversized fenders installed I had the whole front of the car including doors resprayed so the paint looks very good. The interior is in excellent condition as well. I’m sure there are details I am forgetting but please feel free to ask questions.

As far as the sale goes I am not in a hurry but I would like to get this transaction done. I am very busy with kids and work so please only contact me if you are serious, and have the funds to make the purchase. I will not entertain joy riders or tire kickers, so please refrain from wasting my time. I am sad to see this incredible car go, but I am a big fan of the S2000 community and I am excited to see someone who appreciates this amazing car start their adventure with her.

Thanks for looking.
Jeff

Last edited by CobraKai; 05-25-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 AM

HUMP DAY BUMP DAY! Somebody make me an offer on this amazing car!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:30 PM

Car looks great but your in Ca and i'm in Ma and its out of my price range. If it was supercharged i might spend some more. GLWS Beautiful car.
The following users liked this post:
CobraKai (05-17-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16k, ready to buy, loan approved.

I'm in socal so I would have to fly out.

Last edited by S2K_Luvin; 05-19-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_Luvin
16k, ready to buy, loan approved.

I'm in socal so I would have to fly out.
sorry to hijack the thread but I would think $16k is a bit low. Maybe I'm biased; my S is nearly the same build lol. Awesome taste OP! And GLWS
Old 05-19-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
sorry to hijack the thread but I would think $16k is a bit low. Maybe I'm biased; my S is nearly the same build lol. Awesome taste OP! And GLWS
since when do you get what you invested in mods? I've had s2000s with close to 20k in them and I wouldn't ask for that back. I think it's a solid offer and the owner can decide or counteroffer.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_Luvin
since when do you get what you invested in mods? I've had s2000s with close to 20k in them and I wouldn't ask for that back. I think it's a solid offer and the owner can decide or counteroffer.

I agree! Not only will you not get your money invested. Plus I think it'll be harder to sell than a stock car. Especially a collectable like a S2K. GLWS
Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mango1168
I agree! Not only will you not get your money invested. Plus I think it'll be harder to sell than a stock car. Especially a collectable like a S2K. GLWS
To be clear: notwithstanding the mods, I wouldn't let it go for anything lower than $17.5k. Just an opinion. Never said mods add to or retain a car's value.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
To be clear: notwithstanding the mods, I wouldn't let it go for anything lower than $17.5k. Just an opinion. Never said mods add to or retain a car's value.

fair enough. Still waiting on owners reply.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:50 AM

Hey guys, I tried to base the cars price on what I am seeing on the market. I have most of the original parts and I understand that mods rarely increase the price of a car. Bone stock cars always garner the highest price unless you've got serious money and craft into the car. That being said I have accepted an offer much higher than 16K and I think the new owner will be getting very good value for his money. The transaction is supposed to complete sometime next week. I will update if it falls through, and of course list the car as sold if it sells.

And just my 2 cents I think buyers should offer whatever they want, and sellers should ask whatever they want. At the end of the day everyone needs to feel that they got the best deal. Thanks for all the comments, I will seriously miss this car and the S2000 community.
The following users liked this post:
osunick (05-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Ca 2005 nfr s2000